Search the forum,

Discuss New Prorad radiator covered in small marks? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I just had a new Prorad radiator installed in my downstairs toilet and when the light is on you can see loads of little marks/dents all over the radiator. Guessing this is something to do with the manufacturing process, but is this normal or should I look at getting a replacement?

If its normal is there any other radiators you would recommend which wont have all these marks?

E2818638-0382-4C2D-87A2-1BC673DC6EE8.jpg

Normal these days but you can get ones that arnt that bad

Thanks for the quick replies everyone, will look at getting Stelrad next time. Thought that the Prorad where made by Stelrad so expect them to be the same quality.

Pro rads great rads IMO , but agree its a bit heavy on the welds , guessing its a single ?

Pro rads great rads IMO , but agree its a bit heavy on the welds , guessing its a single ?
Yeap thats right just a single rad, would a double have a better finish on the front? Just trying to work out what ones to get for the rest of the house really.

Other one I'm looking at is the Stelrad softline compact. Hard to tell much difference in my eyes when looking at the two in pictures online. Be good to see if people think the Stelrad would be better finished.

Yeap thats right just a single rad, would a double have a better finish on the front? Just trying to work out what ones to get for the rest of the house really.

Other one I'm looking at is the Stelrad softline compact. Hard to tell much difference in my eyes when looking at the two in pictures online. Be good to see if people think the Stelrad would be better finished.

Stelrad better all round. Recently stelrad found to be one of very few accurately sized for output. Says a lot.

Personally I like the honeywell VT ‘s , fitted hundreds , not a problem with one of them, but they look a bit dated compared to the newer breed of Trv’s.
TRV you mentioned, absolutely fine IMO, and they look nice , if you want to go round looking at TRV’s of course.

Check out the flat faced radiators.
They look much better than the panels with the ribs down the front.
They cost more but have a very clean look

Reply to New Prorad radiator covered in small marks? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock