1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss New Prorad radiator covered in small marks? in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Daniel Westbrook

Daniel Westbrook New Member

I just had a new Prorad radiator installed in my downstairs toilet and when the light is on you can see loads of little marks/dents all over the radiator. Guessing this is something to do with the manufacturing process, but is this normal or should I look at getting a replacement?

If its normal is there any other radiators you would recommend which wont have all these marks?

E2818638-0382-4C2D-87A2-1BC673DC6EE8.jpg

2. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Pretty normal Daniel, spotwelds holding both sides together.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Normal these days but you can get ones that arnt that bad

• Like Like x 2
  4. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR

Pro rad are a lower end budget radiator, Stelrad or Purmo are alot better. Kop

• Like Like x 1
  5. Daniel Westbrook

Thanks for the quick replies everyone, will look at getting Stelrad next time. Thought that the Prorad where made by Stelrad so expect them to be the same quality.

6. townfanjon

Pro rads great rads IMO , but agree its a bit heavy on the welds , guessing its a single ?

7. townfanjon

Henrads are stelrads in disguise and cheaper , they come off the same production line

• Like Like x 1
  8. Daniel Westbrook

Yeap thats right just a single rad, would a double have a better finish on the front? Just trying to work out what ones to get for the rest of the house really.

Other one I'm looking at is the Stelrad softline compact. Hard to tell much difference in my eyes when looking at the two in pictures online. Be good to see if people think the Stelrad would be better finished.

• Like Like x 1
  9. YorkshireDave

YorkshireDave Plumber Top Contributor!!

Stelrad better all round. Recently stelrad found to be one of very few accurately sized for output. Says a lot.

10. Daniel Westbrook

Slight change of subject, but are Drayton TRV4 thermostatic valves any good or is there something which offers a better bang for buck?

11. townfanjon

Personally I like the honeywell VT ‘s , fitted hundreds , not a problem with one of them, but they look a bit dated compared to the newer breed of Trv’s.
    TRV you mentioned, absolutely fine IMO, and they look nice , if you want to go round looking at TRV’s of course.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. oz-plumber

oz-plumber Plumber

Check out the flat faced radiators.
    They look much better than the panels with the ribs down the front.
    They cost more but have a very clean look