Search the forum,

Discuss New name for Gas registration Scheme in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mike Jackson

The name of the new gas registration scheme has been announced by Capita.

The new brand will be known as the GAS SAFE REGISTER and will take over from the well-known Corgi brand from April 1.

Capita has also announced renewal fees for next year - £175+VAT by post and £153+VAT online.

Mike

Attachments

• GasSafeRegisterLogo.jpg
    GasSafeRegisterLogo.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 13
its cheaper than corgi but i think its going to cause a lot of problems. The reputable name gone

Registration fee going down??? Come on Mike, it's Christmas, not April Fool's day.

What is more important to me is are Capita going to listen to those of us who actually do the work? Corgi certainly never seemed to.

I may have some more info early next year. Someone from Capita is coming down to Brighton on Jan 20th for a technical evening organised by the Sussex branch of the CIPHE. Should be a lively night.

Mike

considering i have been corgi registered for nearly 10 years now. i have only ever had one inspection! after paying the £180 ish a year i have only ever had work enquiries from the corgi 'find an installer' site when the renewal was due. after reporting a couple of installers and getting nowhere(only interested in nailing people using their logo illegally' i am looking forward to a change!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New name for Gas registration Scheme in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just browsing the threads and this one here // www .plumbersforums. net /threads /bldg-regs-compliance-interlock.103043/ caught my eye. 1. If a GS registered installer installs a new boiler that does not meet the standards of the Commissioning Checklist, but signs it off anyway, what is to be...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have been on the phone to the Gas Safe Register, who have pointed me a bit in the right direction looking for certain information. I am in a situation where I have had a water pipe burst under a solid concrete and tile floor. The gas and water pipes were laid right next to each other in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am in the process of refurbishing a storey semi-detached house in London, UK. This is a complete refurb, including new pipes chased into walls, under the floors, installing a new boiler and new unvented cylinder. When I started the work, my builder assured me that he has a gas...
Replies
Views
IF anyone is interested. - Capita has been re-selected by the Health and Safety Executive to continue managing the Gas Safe Register. The renewed contract, which is worth £93m over a five-year term, will begin on 1 April. Capita will be responsible for checking the competence of engineers...
Replies
Views
C
Hi, I was talking to John this weekend and he told me from next year he’s putting the gas safe registration prices up. For instance for, non web registrations is going to be £280, paper registrations uses up more man hours. The main registrations for new gas safe applicants will be £420 for 1...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock