Search the forum,

Discuss New meter fitted - what next? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

I have British Gas booked in to fit a meter. The property has been without a meter since December when the old one was removed, it was in regular use.

I am after some advice on what to do after the fitting, will I need to book out someone to flush the pipes or is this something I can do?

I have no gas cooker to pull the gas through , only the boiler which is an Ideal Independent C24.

Advice appreciated thanks.

Ok thanks both, I signed up for Corgi Homeplan's boiler cover yesterday, the Advanced option.

Is this something they cover or will I need to do a separate callout?

This is all a bit new to me . Cheers

An easy job for any gas safe registered engineer to do. Regarding flushing of the pipes once you get the heat going check all radiators are heating fully after tbe boiler has been on for a while and if there are any cold spots then you could need a flush to sort that out but if not it should be fine.

Reply to New meter fitted - what next? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can I fit a water meter to this, and if so would anyone know what make and what I would need to do to fit it, picture attached
Replies
Views
Hi, moved into a home a year ago with what is probably an old heating system. There is a gas boiler linking to radiator central heating, and a water tank. Energy company charged an enormous amount for gas last winter (admittedly I hadn't taken regular meter readings so was unaware until a huge...
Replies
Views
H
I need some help and advice with a boiler issue. We have F29 and then F29 appearing on our new boiler. This happened after few days where water was dripping from the condensation pipe. Our regular gas engineer(who installed the boiler) was not available and will be in a couple of days. The...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I currently have an external water meter (which is a sub-meter) of my neighbours meter. The mains supply runs into their garden and then splits off into my sub-meter. We are planning on building an extension near to the existing external sub-meter and I have sought advice from Yorkshire...
Replies
Views
Some advice needed please re a 3 year old combi gas boiler. The hot water works but no heating. A gas engineer was already booked to do the annual safety check before the fault developed. He said the boiler is ok with no fault. He said there must be a leak under the floor boards causing hot...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock