Search the forum,

Discuss New member, looking for courses in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Will P

Dear all,

I am soon to be made redundant from my job as a scientist after 8 and a half years in my current role. However, with the lack of jobs within science as a direct result of Pharmaceutical companies closing sites in the UK, I need to rethink my career choice.

I am lucky enough to have a few friends in different trades so I am able to get an idea of whether I want to work within electricity, plumbing, floor-laying, carpentry, building etc by following them on a typical working day, but my close friend has said that he would take me on and help train me up (he currently runs a bathroom business) in plumbing. To that end, does anyone know of any colleges that run flexible training courses that would allow me to work for a few weeks at a time and then return to college for a week at a time to study individual modules?

Many thanks in anticipation of your responses,

Will

Just contact every college in your local area, ask what courses they're running and what hours you gotta do. I had a guy with me who was with me part time and had to go in one day to the college. Sometimes they'll also let you attend evenings. I know some of the colleges only let you attend full time and then once you're complete you go out with a qualified tradesman - just call up the college and they will help you out - good luck - it's a good trade to get in to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New member, looking for courses in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock