Search the forum,

Discuss New Member, Looking for advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All, I have joined the forum hoping for a bit of advice. Looking to get into the Plumbing trade after working in the merchants for 12 years. Got a level 2 Plumbing qualification at college after school but for some reason after been unable to get an employer to do my 3rd year I went onto other things. Got a job in a plumbers merchant a few years down the line and been happy doing this for many years but now I've come to part of my career where I want to give it another go as I am now in my 30's .. Hopefully You can give me some great advice.. sorry for the long introduction
Thanks

Get into a couple of local colleges, see what plumbing courses they do and check if your 12 year old qualification is still valid. What qual is it? NVQ/C&G?
You should be in a great position to get on with a plumber for your portfolio considering you've worked in a merchants for years. Don't expect good wages off the plumber helping you out unless you're already good enough to earn a decent wage, a lot of people work for free to get their portfolio signed off.

Get into a couple of local colleges, see what plumbing courses they do and check if your 12 year old qualification is still valid. What qual is it? NVQ/C&G?
You should be in a great position to get on with a plumber for your portfolio considering you've worked in a merchants for years. Don't expect good wages off the plumber helping you out unless you're already good enough to earn a decent wage, a lot of people work for free to get their portfolio signed off.

Thanks for the reply, it's actually 14yrs old now so I understand if it could be invalid. Its a City & Guilds level2.
Yes I'm pretty sure that I will have no problem getting some experience with a plumber, think i'll be looking at working at weekends if I'm lucky enough to get someone who works weekends. I would definitely need a bit of hands on experience first before been able to be good enough on my own.
I am hoping there is a plumbing college course available that I can go to whilst still working full time or at least Part time.

hello and welcome

Reply to New Member, Looking for advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock