Search the forum,

Discuss New House no Rainwater Drains ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

westcountrycat

Hi All,

Can anyone point me to the regulations on rainwater drainage. Does a new build, 2 up two down house size, have to have drains or can they just stick guttering up and hope the garden soaks it up ?

Tried to find info on planning portals etc but can't find any.

Thank you !

Most new developments will put stormwater drains to soakways,either individual or communal.This protects the foul drainage and treatment works which would otherwise be overwhelmed in severe storm conditions.

Full details of the requirements are given in Part H3 Page 39 onwards.
[DLMURL]https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/442889/BR_PDF_AD_H_2015.pdfRainwater[/DLMURL] drainage H3. Requirement
(1) Adequate provision shall be made for rainwater to be
carried from the roof of the building.
(2) Paved areas around the building shall be so constructed as to be adequately drained.
(3) Rainwater from a system provided pursuant to sub- paragraphs (1) or (2) shall discharge to one of the following, listed in order of priority:
(a) an adequate soakaway or some other adequate infiltration system; or, where that is not reasonably practicable,
(b) a watercourse; or, where that is not reasonably practicable,
(c) a sewer.
Requirement H3(2) applies only to paved areas:
(a) which provide access to the building pursuant to requirement M1 (access and use of buildings other than dwellings), or requirement M2 (access to extensions to buildings other than dwellings), or requirement M4(1), (2) or (3) (access to and use of dwellings);
(b) which provide access to or from a place of storage pursuant to requirement H6(2) (solid waste storage); or
(c) in any passage giving access to the building, where this is intended to be used in common by the occupiers of one or more other buildings.
Requirement H3(3) does not apply to the gathering of rainwater for re-use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New House no Rainwater Drains ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock