Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss new house boiler noise in the Gas Safe Register Forum - Public Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Jonathon Brown

Jonathon Brown New Member

Recently moved house and I have a ideal logic 24 combi boiler, it fires up perfectly fine, but when the central heating gets up to temperature it makes a whining noise which can be heard inside but is very loud from the flue terminal. It only lasts maybe 20 seconds or so and comes and goes sporadically but is very annoying.
    Anyone any ideas? Or had this problem with one themselves? I’ve read online that it could be a faulty gas valve possibly?
    Cheers

2. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Could be a number if things
    Best to get it checked out and maybe a good service

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

A regular occurrence on a logic , but sorry its a gas safe guy you need .

4. Jonathon Brown

Jonathon Brown New Member

That’s the noise I can hear on mine, it wouldn’t let me upload my own video from the flue terminal on here

5. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Makes no difference putting the vid on .
    You need a GS engineer.
    I am out !!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Riley

Riley S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

OP you’ve been given very good advice. Please get a GS engineer out as what you have is not a diy fix

7. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR

GSI needed as above . Kop

8. bogrodder

bogrodder Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I know exactly what the problem and how to remedy it, but as I’m a law abiding citizen... my lips are sealed:D

• Funny Funny x 1