Search the forum,

Discuss new gas run in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SafeGasInstall

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
today did a new gas run ,customer asked to reconnect existing gas appliances i refused to do it as !gas hob did not have isolating valve ,sign of burn on taps ,primary air port partly block with sh''''t ignition button missing!so ID i thought

boiler flue less then 300 mm from internal corner-ncs
and boiler flue less then 300 mm from openable window ncs
so two ncs i thought is AR

finished gas run all sound left property with second ECV-OFF in the kitchen with end feed cup .caped the meter till appliances are sorted!and did not connect them !
no one live in as house flooded as main burst ,they digged it out and damaged gas pipe as all pipe work was concrete up and not protected at all .

did i do the right thing?

Last edited:
iso valve >ncs burnt taps >id combustion issues >id ignition button >wear and tear at a pinch ar(if electric)
BOILER 300mm from internal corner>depends on mi,s baxi 105 he (example)25mm,openeble window 300mm so again mi sacrosanct

I would have brought the items mentioned up. with who ever was responsible before I ran the new gas supply. leaving yourself open to un-necessary problems

but hope all works out Ok

How would you classified it as less then 300 to internal corner
Less then 300 to window!
And what is wiring me boiler has been service before and they did not picked it up!
Am I wrong?

You are not wrong but you should have pointed out the problems before you started. It would have saved a lot of hastle.

Oh yes I did,just wanted to see what you guys think!
First think I did was visual on the appliances and explain to customer about there options !
Plus insurance work did nor cover reconecting appliances !
Think I will go back to put new gas hob and posible plum kit ,or if they want new condensing boiler!

Spot on with the cooker with signs of scorching etc. The boiler is a bit more of a grey area.
How old is the installation? How far off is the flue as per MI's? Is there any evidence combustion etc. was effected previously?
It is at your discretion to conclude wither multiple fluing NCS's are serious enough to elevate to AR or even ID. Two minor flue NCS's do not automatically mean AR.
If for example the MI's state 300mm from opening window and corner and the flue is only 280mm, there is no signs of combustion gasses entering the window and appliance is operating correctly then it would still be NCS. If flue was 150mm form window then it would be AR unless signs of POC's in property, then ID.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to new gas run in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock