Search the forum,

Discuss New Entrants Plumb and Gas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fuzzy

I'm surprised to see with the current work condition that people are still paying £1,000's of pounds for qualifications.:confused:

Often these quals are only the tech certs which finish being in existence in a couple of months. They are being replaced because nobody in industry respects them (rightly or wrongly)

Why do people fall for the sales speak? Lets be honest once qualified they have little or no work experience and find it hard to gain employment but are left with a big loan.

Im not against newly trained engineers but if you are considering a course please research it properly and dont just listen to the positive spin sale people will tell you.

If you do the course for the right reasons then good luck to you. If you are prepared to pay out alot of money, work hard, train, maybe not get employment, maybe have to go on your own and all the additional fees that incurs and you know ll the facts and use all of the knowledge to make an informed decision then i hope it works out for you.

Think very carefully and check the end dates of the quals!!!!! Remember that the ACS isnt a training course, its a safety course for already experienced trades people. Have you checked at a local College?

Good luck, let me know your thoughts, potential new entrants, new entrants and existing plumbers and or gas fitters and or pipe fitters etc:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Entrants Plumb and Gas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock