Search the forum,

Discuss new dill required in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi my dewalt drill has packed in my bugdet is £150 any ideas screwfix have some but dont know which is good or bad need it for my plumbing job
thanks

Just got the Bosch 4ah for £99 from screwfix.....quite impressed with it so far....

I take it you are talking about a combi drill?
At £150 budget, you are only just above DIY stuff, but just shy of real pro gear.
You are better to chose a battery system for the future. Then buy different tool bodies when you can afford. No point in having 2 or 3 different makes of tools each with their specific batteries and chargers.
I don't own Makita or Dewalt cordless, but think you won't go wrong with either if you buy the more professional versions. Screwfix IMO do not have many top pro drills.
Millwaukee Fuel brushless I always liked, but never bought.
Metabo is another brand to look at.
I have Hilti gear and also a Bosch combi "Professional" 18v, but the Bosch I wouldn't recommend as it is a bit of a toy although it is very short and light must admit.
Panasonic or Hilti really good but initially expensive to buy a tool with batteries.

Last edited:
I bet buying a single tool with 2 batteries and charger will only be slightly cheaper than a twin kit - like a combi and impact drill set. A tool sales guy advised me the cheapest way to buy into cordless (in this case Metabo) was to get a twin kit which will have 2 or 3 batteries. He advised the kit with the cheaper brushed combi drill.

If you can get a hands on of new tools of different brands it might help you decide.
A professional tool supply centre worth going to.

If you already have the Dewalt batteries just buy a higher end bare unit.http://http://www.ffx.co.uk/tools/product/Dewalt%20Dcd795N%205055945210231%2018V%20Compact%20Brushless%20Hammer%20Drill%20Bare%20Unit

You can also buy replica batteries for around £25-£30....I have loads of the Floureon batteries and imo are just as good as the real deal.

http://http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FLOUREON-M18-Battery-Li-ion-4000mAh-18V-for-DeWalt-DCB180-DCB181-DCB182-DCB201-/161927208499?hash=item25b39d1e33:g:hAQAAOSwg3FUgSsx

Last edited:
That Makita drill is £115 from FFX as a bare unit, £50 on two 5Ah batteries and £20 on a charger, £10 for a box. Would work out nearly half price if you brought it all separately.

hmm, cost a fortune those batteries!.

bet not a lot of you know that B&Q sell a lot of 'known' brands of drill drivers. however, from a service tech i spoke to, he tells me the innards are not the same and are manufatured under license from the far east at a price (on offer).
this makes some parts like the motor unobtainable and even the moiuntings inside are difrent molding so normal stuff wont fit!!
screwfix is b&q merlin group?

hmm, cost a fortune those batteries!.

bet not a lot of you know that B&Q sell a lot of 'known' brands of drill drivers. however, from a service tech i spoke to, he tells me the innards are not the same and are manufatured under license from the far east at a price (on offer).
this makes some parts like the motor unobtainable and even the moiuntings inside are difrent molding so normal stuff wont fit!!
screwfix is b&q merlin group?

Kingfisher group. you can get replica batteries for £25-£30 and IMO are just as good as the real deal.

Yes, B&Q and Screwfix are part of the Kingfisher group.
Largely aimed at DIYers, so a lot of stuff isn't going to be professional.
The cordless tools market is a bit of a buyers minefield, where perhaps several ranges of cheap made tools are easily mistaken for their professional range. That way the diyer wanting a £80 combi, or the more heavy user wanting a £150 better quality tool, will be happy with their professional looking copies. That is why each manufacturer cleverly tends to have confusingly similar tool bodies with similar letter codes.

Hope my TURBOGOLD screws and Fisher brown plugs I get from Screwfix are professional enough! :leaving:

Brushless is the way to go, I didn't realise the difference is genuinely noticeable. Spin faster, more power, shorter bodied and lighter.

IMG_20160816_204236458.jpg got these bad boys,they work hard and have not let me down,being 4 ah they have a bit of clout

These are the XR Range,i paid 250 plus vat 3 years ago in travis but they are on offer ,£199 inc

Attachments

• IMG_20160816_204315381.jpg
    IMG_20160816_204315381.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 40
Last edited by a moderator:
The case is rated to IP65, meaning that it is completely dust-proof and can withstand water jets. A relief valve is built into the lid in case a pressure differential makes the lid difficult to open.

The case is rated to IP65, meaning that it is completely dust-proof and can withstand water jets. A relief valve is built into the lid in case a pressure differential makes the lid difficult to open.
Another nugget of knowledge from Alex :)

I have way too many drills, I probably need some form of counselling to stop me buying them . I mean who needs 19 cordless drills?

You can have 4 or 5 of mine Micky ha ha ha .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to new dill required in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock