Search the forum,

Discuss New customer called about a Potterton flamingo making popping sound in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

moonlight

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I have had a call from a customer to say her boiler is making a popping sound and it turns out, she has not been able to hear it but her friend said its being doing it for a while. I was sent a video of the boiler, showing the flame through the window. Main flame looks good but it looks like the pilot goes out then relights? I am going to have a look on Monday. She said it was serviced a couple of years ago, her friend said she had been hearing the sound for quite a while. Anyone come across this before? I would like to go in with some useful knowledge. Thanks

I have had a call from a customer to say her boiler is making a popping sound and it turns out, she has not been able to hear it but her friend said its being doing it for a while. I was sent a video of the boiler, showing the flame through the window. Main flame looks good but it looks like the pilot goes out then relights? I am going to have a look on Monday. She said it was serviced a couple of years ago, her friend said she had been hearing the sound for quite a while. Anyone come across this before? I would like to go in with some useful knowledge. Thanks
Also on the asbestos register so better check the serial no. šŸ˜˜ā˜‘ļø

Reply to New customer called about a Potterton flamingo making popping sound in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock