Search the forum,

Discuss New build plumbing joists in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

hey guys, we are starting on a load of new build houses on site just wondering about the joists. I take it you can’t just drill any where for the hep pipe to go through? All the other new builds we have done had the metal web joists so had no problems with pipe runs. Any advice would be good. Thanks.

Best diagram I can find for drilling and notching is this one. Also depends on the house type. We've recently built a dormer bungalow and a subby plumber came in and drilled his pipes through the joists. But because the joists formed part of the roof structure, we wasn't actually allowed any holes at all.

Screenshot_20190406-234559.png

Reply to New build plumbing joists in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

What pipe for plumbing Radiators and domestic do most plumbers use for upstairs with joist floors on new builds these days iv used copper and hep but resently bout a press but never tryied it on a 1st floor with joists is it viable to do it with the 16mm pipe and 20mm pipe as its not as...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all, Happy new year! Hope this is OK in this part of the forum. Been a plumber for about 12 years now, mostly commercial stuff with some domestic and new builds here and there. Sole trader working for numerous different companies. Been thinking that maybe it's time I started my own...
Replies
Views
Hi could anyone give advice please ? I went to look at a new build for sale they are apartments/ one house on top of another all properties will be privately owned by individual buyers, a guy on-site pointed out that the plumbing is wrong on the properties as a perspective buyer I’d like to know...
Replies
Views
Hi Oil experts. I had a grant wall boiler with a failed transformer. Carried out a service and pretty sooty nozzle, and baffles build up suggest not cleaned in a while. The bottom baffle on the left corner had completely burnet through. Any Idea on the process on how this occurs and why just...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock