Search the forum,

Discuss New Build house - danfoss heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

Im a frustrated new build home buyer who wish I never gave in to my missis and bought an older property!

Im hoping someone can offer me some advice.

We have a danfoss thermostat system fitted to an ideal combi boiler.

Our problem is that when we turn the downstairs heating on all radiators upstairs except the main bathroom are coming on.

I know there is an issue with the danfoss valve arm not actuating, which the house builder has releuctantly agreed to change however I am not certain this will resolve the issue.

Could anyone share some suggestions or theories if what could cause the upstairs heating to come on with the downstairs.

Any help is much appreciated and I will be sure to write back once the house builder arrives to change the valve.

15429115734406269374056095054046.jpg

Could be wired wrong

When you turn the downstairs rads on is the up silver leaver loose eg moves left to right no resistance

Could be wired wrong

When you turn the downstairs rads on is the up silver leaver loose eg moves left to right no resistance

Hi Shaun,
Infact no, the upstairs valve maintains resistence.

Ive checked just having the upstairs heating on and all downstairs rads remain cold.

So somehow the majourity of upstairs rads are being called on by the downstairs valve if you understand what I mean.

Regards
Joe

Last edited:
That means you have a major problem most likely plumbed wrong / to the down stairs rads

It may possibly be the heating from the downstairs zone gravitating up the return into the upstairs circuit into the rads upstairs . Kop

It may possibly be the heating from the downstairs zone gravitating up the return into the upstairs circuit into the rads upstairs . Kop

Thanks KOP, sorry but i work on the railway and my plumbing knowledge is non existent. What would be required to rectify the heat gravitating up the return? Cheers

double thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Build house - danfoss heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock