Search the forum,

Discuss New boiler Quotes, advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Please can anyone help me, been quoted for 2 boilers to replace my 15 year old Potterton Promax HE, I have a unvented system with a hot water cylinder
The boilers are vokera mynute or Potterton titanium I think that’s same as the Baxi eco blue

My system is rated at 18kw, there’s around £300 difference between the 2 prices, I know the warranty on 1 is 2 years and 7 years but thinking about boilers which is best

Any help would be appreciated pleas

Thanks

Hi,
No it was different people and what they recommended, I know the potterton Titanium is a eco blue baxi just a different badge.
I was wondering if the potterton was worth the £300 extra, which valiant would you fit on my type of system, he added all the rads up plus hot water and it was 16.5kw so he wants to fit a 18kw

Hi,
No it was different people and what they recommended, I know the potterton Titanium is a eco blue baxi just a different badge.
I was wondering if the potterton was worth the £300 extra, which valiant would you fit on my type of system, he added all the rads up plus hot water and it was 16.5kw so he wants to fit a 18kw

whats the price of the boilers?

Please can anyone help me, been quoted for 2 boilers to replace my 15 year old Potterton Promax HE, I have a unvented system with a hot water cylinder
The boilers are vokera mynute or Potterton titanium I think that’s same as the Baxi eco blue

My system is rated at 18kw, there’s around £300 difference between the 2 prices, I know the warranty on 1 is 2 years and 7 years but thinking about boilers which is best

Any help would be appreciated pleas

Thanks
Only Vaillant, or viessman for me. Never would I like to install a potterton or baxi.

If you want some peace of mind get a Vaillant ecotec plus system boiler nothing lower than this not worth it.

I asked for a mid range with long warranty, didn’t want a budget like Biasi and the Potterton has 7 year parts and labour warranty, I always thought Baxi was good boilers..clearly not

If you want mid range Potterton/Baxi are fine.
I would personally go for the Vaillant and spend the extra couple of hundred quid. Get an advanced registered installer and the 10 year warranty.
Try and get an installer who is interested in the follow up services. They are always more inclined to care what you get and have more experience of the problems and condition of the boiler in the years following installation.

Vaillant for the win :D
Totally agree! Why spending money for a new mid range boiler with 7 years of warranty? I’d rather spend a couple hundred more but have quality instead of quantity at home. What’s the point of having mid range or low range boilers if there are no energy savings at all in the end you are just throwing your money out of the window.

Baxi Potterton are good little boilers and fit inside a kitchen unit with a decent warranty, ideal logic also a contender long warranty and compact mid ranged boilers either will provide the heat you require . Cheers wayne kop

Had another installer round today and he’s going to fit me an ideal logic plus with the ideal filter giving me 10 years warranty, replacing my Potterton promax 15 for an 18kw

Logic max with filter is 10 years on whole boiler.
Logic + with filter is 7 years but 10 years on the heat exchanger.

7 or 10 years, best of luck trying to making a claim on that one!!
Why do people believe that something that cost under £800 to buy & probably a few hundred to build, then you have the supply chain taking there cut every time, will have enough profit in it to be able to send out an engineer to repair/replace it in 5 years time let alone 10.
It is one big con.
Even the premium brands now regularly refuse an electrical fault claim with the word the system is dirty or not been serviced within 12 months.

7 or 10 years, best of luck trying to making a claim on that one!!
Why do people believe that something that cost under £800 to buy & probably a few hundred to build, then you have the supply chain taking there cut every time, will have enough profit in it to be able to send out an engineer to repair/replace it in 5 years time let alone 10.
It is one big con.
Even the premium brands now regularly refuse an electrical fault claim with the word the system is dirty or not been serviced within 12 months.
So if you drain and add chemicals every 2/3 years and have it serviced every year there’s no problem.

Reply to New boiler Quotes, advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig cupboard & a megaflo (no tank in loft). However the exisiting boiler is Vaillant ecoTEC 4xx boiler - which is satated by vaillant as an "open vent" boiler...
Replies
Views
H
I need some help and advice with a boiler issue. We have F29 and then F29 appearing on our new boiler. This happened after few days where water was dripping from the condensation pipe. Our regular gas engineer(who installed the boiler) was not available and will be in a couple of days. The...
Replies
Views
On my Valliant eco tec boiler the pressure guage is on red when cold . I drain a radiator to correct to pressure and it works fine and stays in the safe zone . When I switch boiler off the next day it’s back in the red It could be one of the valves leaking . Can I take the loop off , which...
Replies
Views
Oliver1234
O
It was fitted with the boiler a Potterton Suprima 30L about 21 years ago. Two PCB's later and a new fan the boiler is working perfectly. However, the programmer display is not showing any digits for the clock or anything else so I am unable to program it. It still works the boiler manually...
Replies
Views
Some advice needed please re a 3 year old combi gas boiler. The hot water works but no heating. A gas engineer was already booked to do the annual safety check before the fault developed. He said the boiler is ok with no fault. He said there must be a leak under the floor boards causing hot...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock