Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss New Boiler Brand Advice in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Groppo91

Groppo91 New Member

Hi I have a 2 bed house with 1 bathroom and 6 rads. The boiler is dead so am on the lookout for a decent boiler. What do people recommend for the best branded reliable combi boiler? Was looking at worcester bosch online but not sure people still rate them. Can anyone recommend anything?

Many Thanks

2. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

050 or 100 Viessmann everytime , wouldnt put a WB in , some on here would

• Like Like x 1
  3. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

ask 10 engineers you will get 10 different answers really depends on your budget Worcester , valliant , Atag, visseman , offer some of the top end boilers all will do the job and offer a long manufacturers warranty, i have a liking for Intergas and Baxi for a mid range boiler . cheers tkop

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Matchless.plumb

Matchless.plumb Trusted Plumber GSR

Me personally, I’d would go with Vaillant but only ecotec plus or exclusive models.

But as above, you will need to know your budget. I assume you would like something decent according to your message. I would not recommend Worcester bosch in uk have experienced bad customer care.

Viessman or Vaillant. But top quality would be Vaillant with Vsmart combined and upgrading of thermostatic radiator valves.

5. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Vaillant for me. As my first choice. Then ATAG.

• Like Like x 1
  6. hammers4spanner

hammers4spanner Plumber GSR

Raven heat for me

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Harvest Fields

You’re funny you:D:D:D

8. Chalked

Chalked Plumber GSR

Vaillant for me.
    But whatever you choose, use an installer who is registered with the manufacturer.
    And minimum of 28kw

9. hammers4spanner

hammers4spanner Plumber GSR

Some of the worst installs I see are by the manufacturer approved installers.

10. Matchless.plumb

Matchless.plumb Trusted Plumber GSR

Don’t need 28 well too much

11. Harvest Fields

Depends on HW demand Ron.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Groppo91

Groppo91 New Member

Thank you everyone I will most likely be getting a Valliant ecotech pro what is the difference between the Vaillant ecoTEC Pro 24 which looks to have no cover over the controls and the Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 825 which has a cover and in my opinion looks smarter? also is it worth spending the little bit more for an exclusive?

13. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

The plus has a built in filling loop
    Control flap
    Less plastic inside
    More 'features' on the control panel

• Like Like x 1
  14. Groppo91

Groppo91 New Member

Just going through all the accessories that I want and am a little confused by the option of boiler control and room thermostat. If I was to buy the VRT350F Wireless Programmable Room Thermostat Will I still need the Vaillant Timeswitch 160 7 Day Plug In Digital Programmer? What other accessories would I need as the options say I can choose from : - Rear piping spacing frame - Limebuster Inline Scale Reducer - ADEY MagnaClean Professional Chemical Pack or ADEY MagnaClean Micro Chemical Pack

15. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Have you got someone lined up to install it or doing it yourself?

• Agree Agree x 1