Search the forum,

Discuss Need someone to install a new boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lukefenner

Hi all my boiler packed up on Xmas eve (25 years old ) so need someone to install one but. First see about quotes ? Anyone in yeovil/somerset area might be able to look for me? Luke

Roger Welton on here is in Somerset. PM him.

its xmas hols. give them a chance to relax and get back to you

How can I relax I'm cold haven't had heating since Xmas eve "......

not trying to pee on your pansies but everywhere is closed till monday. where do u expect to get a boiler from?

it would also be useful for you to say what boiler you have at present and the cyl set up etc and what you want to replace it with?

Last edited by a moderator:
Old fashioned boiler 25 years old gas valve went on it but we tried to get the part but they don't do the part for the boiler anymore .. Potterton netaheat 10-16 that's what make the boiler is....

can you get an electric heater for now while you wait? even if it has to be in your bedroom, it will keep out the cold.

Yeah we have ... But the land lord is tight.... It won't fish in his pocket for a expensive boiler he would rather go down the cheap road and get cheap...

I'm sure i got a gas valve for one of those a few months ago, was your gas engineer sure it was that?

who will be paying for this boiler, surely your not if its a rented property!

Yes it was they don't do them anymore there obsolete they were doing them about four Years ago back then they were £350 the gas engineer said to me.... Wish I could fix it but I'm not gas safe :(

So you want someone on here to come and quote for something your landlord probably wont pay for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and its holiday time!!!!!!!!!
and you need a big reality check I think!!!!!!!!!!!!

No he will be wiling to pay ...... But prob less than 3k I know it's a lot to fit a boiler .

No he will be wiling to pay ...... But prob less than 3k I know it's a lot to fit a boiler .

Try less than £2K. If it's a rented property, and you say the landlord is tight. Then only a desperate RGI from here will attend. If I was any where near you, I'll not bother. Hope he sorts it out soon. If he is going to go down the cheap route, then that is his problem, not yours. All you want is heating and hot water

Leave it to the LL to sort out. I know it is you who is cold but it is his problem. You'll be lucky to get a replacement before the new year.

Thank you village idiot .. Yeah I'm bloody cold lol :( we have water on the immersion heater so it's not all bad I suppose last Xmas our toilet broke now this year it's our boiler :(

Leave it to the LL to sort out. I know it is you who is cold but it is his problem. You'll be lucky to get a replacement before the new year.[/QU

yeah I know but I'm desperate haha... Cheers anyway

As time goes by, try to see if you can 'sqeeze' his hand so he fits an electric shower. Thankfully, you have an Immersion heater to fall back on. I still fail to understand plumbers who disconnect immersion heaters and plug the hole? When boiler fails, occupants have no hot water and no heating.

Yeah I will dont worry about that tight LL .. I wish I was gas safe so I could fix it keep my little one warm lol... Oh well I'm still plumbing bathrooms maybe a few years down the line I can do gas :)

In the course of you plumbing bathrooms, have you not come across gas people? Always good to make ''friends'' in the various trades. You never know when you may need their help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Need someone to install a new boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a "Firebird Envirogreen Condensing Combi Oil Boiler 26kW" a part has went and I can't find it anywhere, I was at every plumbers merchant near me but they all need to ring Firebird who are closed till next week. I wonder if anyone can help me find this part please? It's a pressure sensor...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently fitted a new central heating circuit and ran hot and cold to the bathroom and kitchen in my property (I was a CORGI registered central heating installer about 15 years ago, so I felt comfortable running the flow/return to rads). I am in need of a combi boiler install with a...
Replies
Views
Hi. I recently had a renovation done. My builder installed a new Combi boiler instead of my system boiler. He connected the pipework to the digital pump. He did not inform us that we would need a new processor because we had changed to a Combi and subsequently a valve blew. Should my builders...
Replies
Views
Hello I’m hoping for some perceptive / input as I’m a long-distance landlord trying to unpick the best thing to do. Gas safety certificate was done on my rental flat (1st floor) which has a 10 year old Aviston E-combi EVO boiler. It failed based on rusting external flu components, which has...
Replies
Views
During an install of new boiler ('old' boiler died after 11-12 years) the system was "drained" but I guess maybe 90% of water was left in the (rather large) underfloor pipe system. What is the best way to tell how much inhibitor should be added in this case? (also taking account that system was...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock