Search the forum,

Discuss need new tool bag!! which one? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mboshier

Whats the best tool bag you can buy at the mo?

What do you guys prefer?

i also need one have been looking for a while, i must be too picky
currently have a B.G tool box, brackets broke off about 2 years ago.
cant give it up though as i like all the compartments, i know where everything is without messing about.

this has been covered recently in the fatmax tote thread, the general opinion was that the fatmax xl tote bag was the same bag as the dewalt tote bag but slightly cheaper (the dewalts about 65 and the stanley being about £55) ive had the fatmax xl for a couple of years now and cant fault it, its taken total abuse and is still going however im going for the dewalt next just out of curiosity.

you can get the dewalt one for 19.99 in B&Q the now i think, not sure it was a while ago check the site save you some cash

£19.99 sounds good, theres more than one bag in the screwfix book the dewalt bags start at about £20 and go upto £60 .

The bigger the bag,the quicker it fills with junk!I use a small box,and carry just the essentials,unless its a big job.Why carry hammers and stilsons up 3 flights of stairs to change a tap washer?Far too lazy!

Dewalt open tote for me just got one new from ebay about £23 posted

Stanley fatmax 18" hard base tool bag is £15 at b&q at the moment - reduced from £30

i started out with a bag, and i found them terrible when looking for a certain tool, the bag was nearly empty by the time you found what you were looking for,i suppose the type of bags that open fully ,the type that open up like a big mat, would be a lot better, but i opted for a tool box with compartments, and only carry the tools i use on a daily basis, so it's a tool box for me.

it all depends on what type of work your on i have a box with the basics in and a few plugs screws and washer in the top compartments
ive got a tote bag that i never got on with as a main tool bag which has my soldering stuff bender coldchisel club hammer and a few other bits in for when the job involves running any pipework and a box in the van with the stuff i seldom use
but when i did hospital work i had a huge wheeled one cos you needed lots of tools and it was all lifts and corridors

i just got a xxl stanley fatmax carry general hand tools and got a tray with a compartment underneath which i put all my soldering gear in and a few fittings too. Another well paid sparky £200 lol for a tool bag you guys earn a fortune!

Last edited by a moderator:
When I bought mine it was only!! £145 they've upped the price since. Seriously though I've got through 3 plano bags in 3 years I've had the veto for aprox 2 years now with no signs of wear or tear and I can assure you it is full to the brim with tools you know these rich! electricians can't get enough tools lol;)

My gran had a parrot when i was young. I hated the b...... it used to bite lumps out me:D

well i just replaced my toolbox with the deWalt tote bag still 20quid at b+q. don't know how i managed without one til now!!!

before i used to open my box and it was full of tools with the one required invariably at the bottom! i just filled my tote bag with my tools using the inside pouches for all tools that would fit. they are all visible and easy to take out and replace. the open space in the middle just has the longer tools like hammer, jemmy, couple of files+ rasp.

just hope it lasts longer than the 7 months i got out of my 30 quid stanley box

KJ

STANLEY FATMAX 18" DENIER OPEN TOTE TOOL BAG / 193951 | eBay UKought 2 as the guys just down the road from me he done them for 20 quid esch

I use one of these [DLMURL="http://cpc.farnell.com/ck-tools/t1632/tool-case-technician-plus/dp/SG33008"]CK TOOLS|T1632|TOOL CASE, TECHNICIAN PLUS | CPC[/DLMURL]

Hand tools in the outside flaps, meters and fga in the center compartment. lotsa pockets!

check out Vito pro pack tool bags @ tool-shop.co.uk , they are the mother of all tool bags with a 5 year warranty being described as "bullet proof". the reveiws on youtube are good to watch, but breath in deeply prices start at £120!. think ill skip the dewalt and go straight for xxl one of these.

I use one of these [DLMURL="http://cpc.farnell.com/ck-tools/t1632/tool-case-technician-plus/dp/SG33008"]CK TOOLS|T1632|TOOL CASE, TECHNICIAN PLUS | CPC[/DLMURL]

Hand tools in the outside flaps, meters and fga in the center compartment. lotsa pockets!

that is for professional only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to need new tool bag!! which one? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock