Search the forum,

Discuss Need Help With Course Information On Which One Is Best Please (20yrs Old) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

A.Castillo

Hi, I have been looking to get into plumbing for quiet a while now but I have seen way too many training centers who offer a load of stuff that do not give results, and colleges that do not proceed to NVQ level 2 which I am aware and have re searched that its a needed Certificate to work on site, sadly i was contacted by Trades Gate way and signed with them 2 days ago which only yesterday i read up on all the reviews, I genuinely want to become a plumber but have no background information or any family who are currently in the industry, and I am definitely not looking to waste years and money on a course that wont get me any where :uhoh2:, could anyone kindly share some advice.

Hi Sorry youve had to waita week for someone to respond.
Ive not heard any good about the private training companies and in all honesty and my own opinion is they only want your money and will not provide you the industry training or knowledge you really deserve.
At 20 years old Id say, get out early to the plumbing suppliers and approach as many plumbers as you can face to face for an apprenticeship (they will be busy and rushing) so get their cards/contact details, put notices in suppliers, call all the companies within the radius area you are willing to travel, send letters emails....... Apprenticeship is truly your best route, you get the knowledge and the onsite experience that a plumber will share with you.
Im curious you say college doesn't offer the course you want? Id consider travelling to the next nearest campus.
Worst case scenario, find level 2 knowledge certificate if you cant find apprenticeship by sep 16 at least then you will be working towards half of the NVQ until you get a placement.

Very best of luck to you ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Need Help With Course Information On Which One Is Best Please (20yrs Old) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I need some help on this shower drain installation. I’m about to install a corner shower kit in my basement bathroom. But I just found out the shower drain is actually extruded from the bottom of the shower base and I have concrete floor with the drain pipe rough in. I have the drain pipe...
Replies
Views
B
Hi everyone, I have a Santon Premier Plus PP120E (unvented direct immersion heater) fitted with two thermostats, which provides hot water to taps and shower. The central heating runs from a separate system. On the PP120E: Bottom thermostat is set it to 4 out of 5 (approx. 60C), and connected...
Replies
Views
Bridog
B
Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages and couldnt get to the bottom of it and I thought worth asking the elders on here for their view - Hot water temp is 40 Degrees - Ideal Mexico 2...
Replies
Views
Would like some help please as my Drayton Wiser system is a mess. I had 2 TRVs in the lounge, one in the main bedroom, the rest of the house - 6 other radiators and 2 bathroom towel radiators are just normal valve s. We live in a 4-bed, 3 storey house, as converted loft. Common problems were...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by the survey. I have had loads of plumbers over, and have always carefully checked their reviews/tried to vet them as much as possible. However, I've had...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock