Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Need help removing bathroom mixer tap in the Valves & Taps area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Matt Brewster

Matt Brewster New Member

Hi there,

I need to replace my bathroom sink mixer tap but can't remove it from the sink for the life of me.

I've uploaded a few pictures of the tap from various angles. There doesn't seem to be any screws or allen key points.

Has anyone seen a tap like this before and knows how to remove it?

Many thanks
    Matt

IMG_0698.jpg

IMG_0697.jpg

IMG_0699.jpg

2. Riley

Riley S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Underneath

• Winner Winner x 3
  3. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber

Sometimes it is easier to remove the basin.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rob Foster

Rob Foster Top Contributor!!

Underneath at the rear will be
    usually a couple of flexi hoses supplying live
    hot and cold which will need isolating. Then there will be a hexagonal long nut which can be undone using a flat head screwdriver usually, then you can withdraw the assembly from the top. Centralheatking
    you can use a mirror to check otherwise do as RPM
    suggests

5. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

With the greatest respect , if you haven’t sussed out how the tap is installed you maybe better getting a plumber in , they can turn into tricky jobs . Sorry

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!