Search the forum,

Discuss Need advice training centre to get gas safe reg... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Haigy79

Hello,

I am hoping you can help or advise on the following...
I am a mechanical/hydraulic offshore engineer and i'm about to be made redundant due to to the gas/oil industry crash.
I've been looking at a career change and I am considering doing an 8 week course with TradeSure Training Ltd, Roundponds Business Centre, 67 Roundponds, Melksham, SN12 8EB.
These guys claim I will be able to apply to be on the gas safe register once the 8 weeks is completed as they guarantee me a 2 week placement to give me the portfolio required. After the 8 weeks I would have the following...

· Portfolio of Evidence - Not itself a qualification but you cannot get qualified without it.
· Accredited Certification Scheme (ACS) for Gas Installers/Fitters and Engineers
CCN1 - Core Gas Safety (Now includes Combustion Performance Analysis- CPA1)
CKR1 - Gas Cookers and Hobs
HTR1 - Gas Space Heaters (Gas Fires)
CENWAT - Domestic Gas Central Heating Boilers & Gas Water Heaters
I then plan to work with a plumber I know for a while to gain more experience before going self employed. With my mechanical hydraulic engineering background I feel i can pick this up quicker than most but im concerned about the training centre GUARANTEE of a work placement...
Has anyone used this centre before???

Why not do a plumbing course first?
I cant do a plumbing course first as I have a mortgage to pay and many outgoings. I have experience in pipework etc on ships and although its different I expect to be able to pick up a lot in my time working with heating engineer/plumber.

Hi a number of companies do these courses. Not sure where you live but went to a GIUSP edition 7 training evening the other week at a new training centre in Havant - why not get in touch with them and get a second opinion? The company is called Southern Energy Training Academy - google that and it will come up with their contact details

Hi Guys

anyone heard of TQ training in Corby? anyone done a course there and can recommend them?looking at the gas engineer course over 18 weeks, just doing my due diligence. if anyone can add any value or point me in the right thread, that would be much appreciated, cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Need advice training centre to get gas safe reg... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock