Search the forum,

Discuss Need a short length of 10mm HEP2O pipe. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Situation, new house 15 months ago, when an odd job man was fitting fixtures in cloakroom he drilled through a central heating pipe. He did check with a pipe detector for pipes but builders had only put foil behind pipes and it did not show up (dot and dab plasterboard). He cut out plasterboard repaired pipe and made good. Six days ago lady found water all over downstairs floor mainly in cloakroom, she thought it was coming from the radiator and called the house builders who sent round a plumber, it was not the radiator but this repair in wall from 15 months ago. Plumber cut out wall again and repaired pipe but did not make good wall. Today there was water all over floor again and the fitting the plumber had repaired with was leaking (as the wall was still open she could see it). Lady called builder but the plumber who effected the second repair was not prepared to come out. She called me and I could see the push fit coupler was leaking, however it was obvious it was a very old coupler, the pipe was HEP2O and the coupler was speedfit. I had a 10mm HEP2O coupler (new) and so I took the speedfit off to change it. When i removed it the ends of the plastic 10mm pipes were very badly scored. There was no play in the pipe to pull some through to trim the end so I suggested that I cut out a section back to good pipe and refit with a new section of pipe although it would mean 2 couplers instead of one. However I only need about 200mm of 10mm HEP2O pipe and I do not have any. Any ideas where I may get some?

I have put the coupler I have on the scored pipe and it is sealed fine at the moment so the lady has heating. But I would not like to guarantee it would not leak again.

Canny buy length of 10mm to my knowledge. needs to be a roll i am afraid. unless you ask the merchant for an off cut or one of the guys in at the time. Most folk are helpful.

I'd use a bit 0f 10mm copper and a couple of compression fittings.

Make sure the hep doesn't have any scratches on it or it could still leak

I do not like to use compression on plastic that is concealed, and you have to use the right olives (copper/brass not sure which)

If you haven't I've got a coil sat out in the shed. I could send a bit up.

Thanks Mike & Bod. There is no rush so a short length would be good, if one of you lets me have your address I will send a stamped addressed envelope. PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Need a short length of 10mm HEP2O pipe. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys, first post here So I have been boxing in a number of heating pipes that are throughout my garage since the boiler was located there by the previous owner, they decided to run pipes all along the edge of the garage floor... I do however have one that goes vertically out of the concrete...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am hoping someone can give me some advice. We have had two leaks at home in the last 2 weeks; luckily we were in for both events and managed to get the water turned off pretty quickly so it is not a massive catastrophe. Both times, a fitting popped off a pipe about 15 minutes after...
Replies
Views
Our house was built in 2007 and we are the second family to live here - moving in in 2017. The central heating has been working fine - although the gas boiler is perhaps nearing the end of its life. But the boiler is not our current issue. Last winter two of the radiators did not heat up and...
Replies
Views
Hi I need some advice as this has been ongoing since august and nobody can find a problem but meantime water is damaging my walls. The lady upstairs had a plumber in July who relocated her washbasin shower and fitted a new radiator.He caused a bad leak and came to fix it in august and I thought...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a leak on the live side of one of my rads, in the GF loo. Its a condensing combi system, the house is only 5 years old, so fairly new. The leak is at the bottom compression fitting on the lockshield rad valve. The rad is a chromed steel towel rail, and the valve is brass/copper, the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock