Search the forum,

Discuss Need a Flue Flow and Spillage Test in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wild nomad

Hi there,

I am almost finished with my Gas Training Portfolio, however, I am struggling to tick off the Flue Flow and Spillage tests part of it. The Gas Engineer that I work with just doesn't get any work on Gas fires or Open Flued Appliances.

I was hoping that there was a kind Gas Engineer on this forum who wouldn't mind me tagging along on a couple of services on open flued gas appliances. I'm not asking for any money and I don't mind paying a Gas Engineer on a job by job basis as I can't proceed without these tasks completed.

I am a Colchester based plumber, but I don't mind travelling anywhere in London, Essex, or Suffolk.

Anyone who would like to help me out and make some pocket money doing it please let me know.

All the best
Mike

Hi there,

I am almost finished with my Gas Training Portfolio, however, I am struggling to tick off the Flue Flow and Spillage tests part of it. The Gas Engineer that I work with just doesn't get any work on Gas fires or Open Flued Appliances.

I was hoping that there was a kind Gas Engineer on this forum who wouldn't mind me tagging along on a couple of services on open flued gas appliances. I'm not asking for any money and I don't mind paying a Gas Engineer on a job by job basis as I can't proceed without these tasks completed.

I am a Colchester based plumber, but I don't mind travelling anywhere in London, Essex, or Suffolk.

Anyone who would like to help me out and make some pocket money doing it please let me know.

All the best
Mike

Just did a LSC with a fire last week! Don't get them very often but will keep you in mind if one comes up.

Well, apart from Masood this post seems to be going the way of Titanic!

I did mention that I will pay. Surely this is money for nothing for someone out there? :)

Well, apart from Masood this post seems to be going the way of Titanic!

I did mention that I will pay. Surely this is money for nothing for someone out there? :)

Not a case of money mate. Gas fires are not that common in London..

Get on the tinter web look for London gas fires or dfe near me or something along those lines call them up offer a free days labor in return for a picture of you doing a smoke test and some digits on a bit of paper job done!

Not a case of money mate. Gas fires are not that common in London..

I guess they're not that common in any city really. However, any open flued appliance will do... such as a boiler.

Thanks for being interested Masood :)

when i originally joined corgi the inspector wouldnt let me join until he had seen a open flued job as i was just about to fit a boiler at home i fitted an open flued vailant in my loft that was 27 years ago so and the last open flued boiler i ever fitted

Open flued boilers no longer get fitted as they scared everyone off them years ago even though they were perfectly safe if installed correctly and maintained.
Plus you can't get an open flued steamer so thge baw is burst on that one.

If you ever do commercial industrial stuff you might come across one as there as still some things done that way.

Yes, can't imagine anyone installing an open flued boiler these days, however, I only need to service one not install it. My folks have got one (and a gas fire come to that) but they won't pay to get them serviced. C'est la vie!

Yes, can't imagine anyone installing an open flued boiler these days, however, I only need to service one not install it. My folks have got one (and a gas fire come to that) but they won't pay to get them serviced. C'est la vie!

Tighta*ses! How about you cover my diesel and I'll come and service them with you getting your face in the pictures?

do u know anybody with a fire or backboiler? get engineer to service it, pay him to do it and take photos while you do it!!

Tighta*ses! How about you cover my diesel and I'll come and service them with you getting your face in the pictures?

Wow, really? Thats incredibly generous! I'm all for it! Let me ask them and then I'll get back to you. Are you busy for the next few weeks?

Mike :)

Wow, really? Thats incredibly generous! I'm all for it! Let me ask them and then I'll get back to you. Are you busy for the next few weeks?

Not a problem. I haven't forgotten the struggle to get a foot in the door. Pretty busy but PM me your number and we can sort out a day. Although be warned - I'm very thorough, particularly on fires and BBUs so be prepared for the appliance to be capped off if unsafe. And if they don't have it serviced regularly (as your post seems to suggest), the chimney may not be safe... You may not be Mr Popular!

Not a problem. I haven't forgotten the struggle to get a foot in the door. Pretty busy but PM me your number and we can sort out a day. Although be warned - I'm very thorough, particularly on fires and BBUs so be prepared for the appliance to be capped off if unsafe. And if they don't have it serviced regularly (as your post seems to suggest), the chimney may not be safe... You may not be Mr Popular!

Thanks Masood!

Not sure it will be a problem. They never use the gas fire. I will send you my contact details via PM straight after I post this.

How do they get it serviced if they wont pay nomad, you should be citing the safety aspect of how this is important once a year to do this, ,, take masoods offer , jobs a good ane

How do they get it serviced if they wont pay nomad, you should be citing the safety aspect of how this is important once a year to do this, ,, take masoods offer , jobs a good ane

Yes, well, I have taken up Masood on his kind offer and hopefully we can sort something out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Need a Flue Flow and Spillage Test in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

i am a landlord and have had great advice here. I am using a new gas engineer/plumber who tells me Water Quality testing is now a compulsory part of a Service to a Gas Boiler. i cant find a definitive answer... is it advisory or mandatory and if the latter, which Gas Regulation does it come...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, My chimney failed the test so I need to install a flue liner for my Gazco Stockton gas fire. It was over a year ago when the engineer condemned the chimney and I remember him also saying something about it needing some sort of box fitted into the fire recess but I can't remember the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am a homeowner but caught between a rock & a hard place. I am trying to get a Vaillant ecoTEC 630 plus serviced but the gas safe engineer & Vaillant engineer say one thing, whilst the SGN engineer says another. I do not know how to proceed and would value some informed advice. The rock...
Replies
Views
Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I think was very... ambiguous... advice. 12yo boiler with the following readings on the analyser printout: O2% = 4.1 CO ppm = 192 CO2% = 9.5 Ratio =...
Replies
Views
All, Belfast, Northern Ireland. I am in a bit of a predicament. I have recently had a stove fitted in a chimney that had a disconnected and capped gas fire. The old gas line went straight out the back wall and was visibly capped a short distance from the gas meter. A simple pull out job. Upon...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock