Search the forum,

Discuss myboilerservice.com another buy leads site. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Has anyone got any information on this pay for leads website ? It looks similar to other sites but just for heating.

I've had 3 leads from them. They charge quite a lot (£10 plus vat). You don't lose anything if you have your name up. Also, don't go lower than any other guys cause then is lose lose.

I've had 3 leads from them. They charge quite a lot (£10 plus vat). You don't lose anything if you have your name up. Also, don't go lower than any other guys cause then is lose lose.

?

How many of those leads turned into paid work and do they give you a credit if now work comes from the lead? Also is the fee for leads fixed or scaled based in value of lead?

I used mybuilder for a bit bout 5yrs back when I first went self employed and found a high proportion of time wasters infuriating and the amount they charged for leads was all over the shop/ not reflective of value of the lead. On flip side it was quite a quick way to build up a good reputation and word of mouth took over and it was cheaper than advertising would have been.

Hi Pickwickpic
100% success rate with MBS. Fee is fixed .

Agree with you on MyBuilder I waste quite a lot of money on there. I don't think people realise the tradesmen pay for shortlisting.
MyBoilerService hardly offers any business though.

Hi Pickwickpic
100% success rate with MBS. Fee is fixed .

Agree with you on MyBuilder I waste quite a lot of money on there. I don't think people realise the tradesmen pay for shortlisting.
MyBoilerService hardly offers any business though.

So they only do one tradesman per lead

Yes. You put your rate up, and which jobs you will do. The customer then selects a plumber from the list. Eg. Boiler service : my fee is £70, Mr Blogs is £70,the customer selects one, and if the plumber accepts the job SMB charges them. Its much better than mybuilder, but their volume is too low. Try it, it costs nothing.

So the tradesman pays nothing but payment has to go through the lead company correct ?

Sounds like an auction. As Yorkshire Dave said, race to the bottom.
More scrotes trying to rinse tradesmen.

Reply to myboilerservice.com another buy leads site. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock