Search the forum,

Discuss Multi tool recommendation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

markadams

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I currently have a blue Bosch corded multitool, but as I am also an electrician I often find myself needing my multitool when I have no power.

I currently have the Milwaukee 18v sds, 18v hammer drill and 18v impact driver but the reviews I have read about the Milwaukee multitool don't seem to rate it.

Have anyone got one and can give an opinion.

I have the milwaukee 12v multitool and its great..
am about to chop it in for an 18v one just because of battery life

I would only run a multi tool off mains.

great if you have electric.. I work on a lot of sites now that have nothing, I charge loads of batts at home and almost everything I have is cordless now

I would only run a multi tool off mains.

great if you have electric.. I work on a lot of sites now that have nothing, I charge loads of batts at home and almost everything I have is cordless now

Jay, do you have a multi tool? If so, what make?

yea, as above, I have the milwaukee M12 multi tool, im well happy with it apart from the battery life isnt that great when taking up loads of boards etc so im going to replace it soon with the M18 one

Last edited:
Jay, do you have a multi tool? If so, what make?
yea, as above, I have the milwaukee M12 multi tool, im well happy with it apart from the battery life isnt that great when taking up loads of boards etc so im going to replace it soon with the M18 one

Last edited:
I've got a Metabo one, it's fantastic. 5.2 amp batteries last very well, I've also got a Fein corded. There's hardly any difference between the two.

I have the makita 18v for handyness but also have the makita 240v when i need more oomph ,

Great inventions, we all new that vibrations did wonders but to cut throough **** ,,,, superb

Sorry I missed that bit. I have read about issues with it vibrating a lot and the blade change not being great. What REALLY surprises me is that it seems to be the only tool that Milwaukee have that is not brushless (Fuel), anyone know of any plans to introduce one as it has been around for a while now?

Mark.

Sorry I missed that bit. I have read about issues with it vibrating a lot and the blade change not being great. What REALLY surprises me is that it seems to be the only tool that Milwaukee have that is not brushless (Fuel), anyone know of any plans to introduce one as it has been around for a while now?

Mark.

yea I would say that my mates dewalt has a better blade change, its tool-less but it has a variable speed trigger, which I dont like, i prefer setting the speed on the dial.

when I went to buy one I noticed myself that it wasn't brushless which put me off. my experience with all this gear is that the brushless is much much better so ill probably wait until they release one.

Mark.

yea I would say that my mates dewalt has a better blade change, its tool-less but it has a variable speed trigger, which I dont like, i prefer setting the speed on the dial.

when I went to buy one I noticed myself that it wasn't brushless which put me off. my experience with all this gear is that the brushless is much much better so ill probably wait until they release one.

Ive got a fein 240v and a makita 18v. The fein is nicer to use the makita vibrates your hands a fair bit more than the fein. Still dont really use them much but come in handy occasionally.

I have a dewalt. Have had Bosch in the past but the mains 240v dewalt seems to cut through anything with ease with the correct blade on.

I've got the Mil 18v and it's fine apart from the blade change, which in all honesty isn't that much of a chore it's just not as easy as the dewalt
What ever you go for don't get the poundland blades, get the good ones, you put less stress on the unit and they last longer
I bought some from toolstation badged as "smart" and these were as good as the makita/milwaukee etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Multi tool recommendation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock