Search the forum,

Discuss Multi-speed pump - how does it work? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a Grundfos UPE 25-25 (180) attached to my heating system. It is a 3-speed pump (as indicated by different Morse code patterns on a LED) but has no manual speed selector switch. When I apply 230v directly to it, it runs at the minimum speed. My main question is- how does the boiler tell the pump which speed to run at. Is it to do with voltage? Second question - can I replace this with a simple one-speed pump (connected to mains) and what would be a good one to get? (Fittings are 1.5”). The existing model isn’t made any more anyway. Many thanks.

The boiler doesnt tell the pump what speed to run at your pumps is automatic it selects its own speed .
Single speed pumps , havent seen one in years , mostly 3 speed but even those are “ rocking horse” these days .

Reply to Multi-speed pump - how does it work? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock