Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Moving house - UFH fun in the Underfloor Heating Forum area at

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jay146

    jay146 New Member

    Hi All
    I have recently moved house and this new house has underfloor heating in the kitchen. now i know the house has been renovated and has been empty for perhaps a year.
    What i have noticed is that the underfloor heating is luke warm at best. i know it runs from the boiler. i checked under the boiler and noticed the pump was switched off. this ive turned back on but have not really noticed a difference.
    however i have noticed some adjustable valves under the boiler and wondered if anyone knew what they maybe for?
    1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG
  2. ShaunCorbs

    ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

    TBH that doesn't look right to me, doesn't look like there's any manifold

    It's nothing in the second pic that's for your cylinder/ hot water system

    @Uheat – Jake@Uheat – Jake
  3. Uheat – Jake

    Uheat – Jake Sponsor

    The first picture appears to show a single loop control pack, this is just used for one single zone only of 25m2 and under. The single section at the top should be for the flow to the pipe however is normally mounted downwards, but can be rotated as long as the pump is circulating the correct way.

    The second image appears to show a mixing valve as well, if its for the same system as picture one then I'm not to sure why he's added it in for as it's not needed. And picture three seems to be a preasure reducing valve.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. jay146

    jay146 New Member

    the kitchen is approx 21m2 so I think it is just a single zone. is it worth me trying to adjust the mixer at the bottom of the pump?
    also should the pump be fairly silent or have a noticeable noise when in use?
  5. Uheat – Jake

    Uheat – Jake Sponsor

    You could adjust the mixer and change the temperature but if it's below 40 degrees then the pump wouldn't spin anyway as they have a built in temperature switch. The pump should be quiet but should have a notable spinning noise when in use.
Similar Threads - Moving house Forum Date
Help with moving kitchen to new wall within a flat - can it be done? Plumbing Forum Thursday at 4:45 PM
Moving radiator pipes from floorboards to wall Central Heating Forum Jun 6, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.