Search the forum,

Discuss Moving a radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Woody123

I am planning on moving a radiator in my house, its only moving further along the wall as im having a new opening in the wall and where the new opening is going to be thats where the radiator is at the minute so need to shift along. First of all i need to cap it off can i just use pushfit cap ends? (this is while the building work gets done) Also when i extend the pipework under the floor boards can i just use plastic pipework instead of soldering it up? Or is it possible to use compression fittings underneath the floorboards or is this not allowed in the building regs?

Cheers for the reply mate. I think i will go push-fit! Jobs a good un.....:)

Just check for leaks before puting boards back down and use the pipe inserts as an extra seal.

To finish the job off, make sure you use copper pipe on exposed pipework. Plastic looks awful.

Plus, consider your earth bonding when going from copper to plastic then onto your radiator. You may need to 'bridge' the boding with some supplementary earth clips and 10mm cable.

Finally, to comply with water regs, ensure you insulate the pipework that runs under your boards from draughts and heat loss.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Moving a radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock