Search the forum,

Discuss Most ecomonical way to run oil fired central heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pippa

Hi there,

we have a central heating system run via oil worcester combi boiler. Due to the high cost of oil, I am looking for advice on the best way to run the central heating to save cost and at the same time keep the house warmish through 24hrs(we have small children, one who has asthma.) We have a 100 year oldhouse in a rural location, so not the most energy efficient home.

I have been told that leaving it on all the time, but setting the thermostat at around 18, is better than switching on/off throughout the 24hrs via the timer.

Thanks in advance.

increased insulation is the best way to save money, turning off radiators in rooms not used, turning down thermostats slightly etc....

as regards the running of the boiler, it depends on the time differences between timed and constant. for example if you are out of the house more than 2=3hours it will probably be better to turn off the heating. what routine you have will dictate this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Most ecomonical way to run oil fired central heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock