Search the forum,

Discuss More Questions... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've decided to do the Level 2 Diploma In Basic Plumbing (6035)
upon completion of this course I will want to go for the NVQ Level 2
as that is what employers ask for when hiring. So here are my questions...

1. Do I have to work for or alongside a qualified plumber to get my NVQ
or could I go self employed and find the jobs I need to a have it assessed?

2. Is the 6035 difficult? It sounded complex when the tutor was going through it
has anyone here actually passed this course, any feedback would be great!

3. On completion would you recommend going for the NVQ Level 2
Or staying on for the Level 3 Diploma? These Level 2's and 3's, NVQ's and Diplomas
Are all quite confusing (as to which is best and what it worth getting)

I'm willing to put in the time and hard work, I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing
and not wasting both time and money on something that's not needed. Thanks.

I'm currently doing the 6035 and have almost finished the first year of the course, in my opinion it's not hard or complicated at all, the exams are all multiple choice and some are open book.
I'm doing it on an evening course which consists of 2 evenings a week 6-9pm, one evening we are in workshop learning all the hands on stuff and the other evening we are in the classroom doing all the theory, I imagined that there would be loads of essays and homework but you will be pleased to know there is none, its just listening and taking a few notes in the theory lessons and doing a few mock test papers coming up to exam time.

If you want a job go for the nvq once you've completed the 6035 as most employers want a minimum nvq level 2 as well as 5 years experience, you can convert the 6035 into the full nvq qualification by getting work with a qualified plumber and completing portfolio, I think you would have to do another 2 exams too, but if you want to be self employed then the nvqs are not really needed the city & guild qualification is good enough and is the minimum requirement for you to be able to go on and do the bpec gas foundation course.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
The absolute minimum in my opinion is go for an nvq and get experience ( that is the absolute key). Experience experience, do some free work cos books don't prepare ya for getting wet through in somebodies house when it all goes pear shaped pal.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to More Questions... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am Aiden longster and I am looking for some plumbing work. I have just completed my level 2 diploma and either looking for a level 3 apprenticeship or some work
Replies
Views
Evening folks. Please excuse me if this question has been asked but……. I have currently just finished my lever 2 diploma in plumbing. I was told that currently the government has scrapped NVQ’s though has, currently not replaced it with anything pending amalgamation with EAL. SO, as it...
Replies
Views
I got my water regs when I completed my NVQ level 3, in 2017. Do you have to renew this every year?
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm sniffing around what to expect of getting a job in plumbing. My job makes me redundant at the end of September. The whole warehouse moves to the Midlands from Bridgewater. Meanwhile I'm doing my NVQ level 2 in plumbing. The goal of the course is Renewable Energy Engineer. I'll...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have recently completed a Level 2 Diploma in plumbing and heating (London). I have been applying to many companies but without any luck. What are my doing wrong? I even tried British Gas and Thames water but no luck. I emailed alot of plumbing businesses in North London but no luck...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock