Search the forum,

Discuss Monument Blow Lamp in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys, i wonder can one of you help me solve a problem. I have a monument blow torch which i have used, many, many times. However, went to use it today and its badly leaking gas from a hole in the handle. If you look at the pictures, you will firstly see what type of torch it is, secondly you will see there is a hole in the handle which is obviously meant to be there and there gas just pouring out of it. It looks like its threaded but very difficult to see. I wonder would someone with the same torch take a look at the hole in the handle grip and tell me what is supposed to be there??? blow2.jpgblow1.jpg

Hi Guys, i wonder can one of you help me solve a problem. I have a monument blow torch which i have used, many, many times. However, went to use it today and its badly leaking gas from a hole in the handle. If you look at the pictures, you will firstly see what type of torch it is, secondly you will see there is a hole in the handle which is obviously meant to be there and there gas just pouring out of it. It looks like its threaded but very difficult to see. I wonder would someone with the same torch take a look at the hole in the handle grip and tell me what is supposed to be there???View attachment 25970View attachment 25969

It happened to me . Rep said it's the flux that causes it

Ive got a old but not that old monument that leaked gas for a while, ingot a service kit and put nee seals in it, its been fine since apart from the auto spark doesn't work but I just use it as a spare now, SF2 for me now

would still be interested in what that hole was for???

Just guessing its like the one in a water pump on a car , causes a Nuisance you are aware of
rather than gas diverted back to can seal , where a fire would be more problematic .

(On a car it's an escape route - saves the bearing from washing/ceasing so quickly )

Buy a Surefire 2. Much tougher torch. You can buy them in a Rothenberger kit - grips, pipeslice, gas bottle & toolbag for good price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Monument Blow Lamp in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock