Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Monobloc Tap Removal in the Fittings & Pipes area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. David Hardcastle

David Hardcastle New Member

Hello everyone,

I want to change my very old and worn monobloc tap. However, the hot and cold copper water pipes that go into it from the underside seem to be ‘bedded’ in by some kind of adhesive cement/ compound.

There is no visible sign of a retaining nut to undo so that the tap can be removed. I don’t know what to do now – only thing I can think to do is to try and twist the tap out – though I’m afraid I might damaged the sink. If anyone has an idea what to do, it would be appreciated. Many thanks.

2. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Can you take a photo of underneath the tap?

3. David Hardcastle

IMG_20180212_125845.jpg
    IMG_20180212_125845.jpg

4. David Hardcastle

5. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

The locking nut will be there, but it looks like it is behind the wooden back panel. The tap was probably been fitted to the sink before the sink was fitted to the units. Make a slightly bigger hole and have a look.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. jtsplumbing

jtsplumbing Plumber GSR

You need to enlarge the hole below the tap or remove the complete basin

• Like Like x 1
  7. David Hardcastle

Thanks for the replies, will do as you both suggested.