Search the forum,

Discuss Mixer shower feed through heater in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all.Could I feed an en suite mixer shower from a loft cold tank through an inline instant electric heater and twin impeller pump.If so would the pump go before the heater or after.I would appreciate any other idea's if mine is not feasible.

Possibly, but why would you want to? Why not just have an electric shower off the mains?

Hi Craig, I want to fit to two bedrooms,only have 15mm mains pipe feeding combi boiler ,1 electric shower ,2 toilets plus kitchen.Would like to feed these seperate.

No bad idea (elec heater and a pump)

Made up systems rarely work as you’d wish

Still don’t understand why combi cant be used

if your going to be using more than one outlet as a time start looking at the main / other things

whats your main atm lead blue etc ?

Personally with an electric shower already fitted, I can't see a reason why you cant run a mixer shower off the combi. Your heating running most of the time through winter doesn't matter, you'll only be running the shower for 10 mins at a time at most so your heating won't be off for long.
If your concerned about flow rate during multiple outlets been used, then maybe consider adding a header tank and cylinder and adding an extra zone to your heating to feed your extra shower/bathroom. Then you can have your pumped mixer.

Well it won’t so you need to look at correctly designed specced solutions. Unvented cylinder likely your best solution

time to phone the water board and ask them whats the pressure and flow you can get

Made up systems rarely work as you’d wish
Ok thanks for help
Personally with an electric shower already fitted, I can't see a reason why you cant run a mixer shower off the combi. Your heating running most of the time through winter doesn't matter, you'll only be running the shower for 10 mins at a time at most so your heating won't be off for long.
If your concerned about flow rate during multiple outlets been used, then maybe consider adding a header tank and cylinder and adding an extra zone to your heating to feed your extra shower/bathroom. Then you can have your pumped mixer.

Reply to Mixer shower feed through heater in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock