Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Mira Sport New flow valve, now no heat. in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Keanto

Keanto New Member

Flow valve on my own Mira Sport shower went pop so have replaced with a new valve.
    Since replacing it I have two new problems...

1) when turning flow control dial on cover, it has no effect on the flow rate. However if I take cover off and turn with pliers it does adjust the flow rate. However I believe the front control knob IS connecting and turning the valve, as when I remove the cover the internal knob has moved accordingly.

2) water is absolutely stone cold , however high or low the flow rate is. Heat was working absolutely fine before!

What have I done??

2. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Can you try the control dial with the cover off on this shower instead of the pliars?

3. island fling

island fling Member

Similar issue with one the other day, I called Mira & they advised me to get a new circuit board too. I got another shower as it wasn’t a huge cost & I have a warranty now.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Keanto

Keanto New Member

no, dial needs to be physically connected to the ‘knob’ on the valve .

5. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

You sure 100% the new part is the same as the old then?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Keanto

Keanto New Member

Yes, Exact same as old flow valve.

7. SimonG

SimonG Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Deja vue.

8. John.g

John.g Member

When you press the start button, the white "cam" (one side shown in picture) should swing upwards and engage with two push rods which engage the two micro switches to power None or one or the two heating cans depending on the position of the Low, Medium & High rotary power switch, with the cover off (again) you should be able to check this switch position as well with the cover off. You should also have a Low Flow Warning Light if water pressure too low or faulty Flow switch.
    upload_2019-1-14_9-19-37.png

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  9. Phil

Phil Plumber

This happend to me last year and I forgot about it now, £50 down the drain, I just didn't have the time to spend messing around with it.
    I got a new shower in the end it was 7 years old.