Search the forum,

Discuss Mira sport 1998-2005 problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, my mira sport shower only gives out cold. Reading some posts I thought I would replace the thermal switch as its relatively cheap. But when I took the case off to check the switch before ordering I noticed this build up. Does anyone think is still worth replacing the switch or is it more terminal?
Any advise would be gratefully received.
The shower is a mira sport 1998-2005

Regards roy.

IMG_20190628_165452.jpg

Last edited:
time for a new shower

would say its some sort of limescale / deposit

you could prob get a new tank but i wouldnt recommend it as its 8+ years old

Sorry for my ignorance but which part is the element? Is this easily replaced by a novice?
Tha ks roy

the tank eg where the white stuff is

Hi, my mira sport shower only gives out cold. Reading some posts I thought I would replace the thermal switch as its relatively cheap. But when I took the case off to check the switch before ordering I noticed this build up. Does anyone think is still worth replacing the switch or is it more terminal?

Regards roy.
I meant at least 8 years old

I have a 2006 Mira Sport still running perfectly and if/when it packs up I will give serious thought to repairing it, depending on nature of failure.

This is not how we usually diagnose what is wrong with a shower, but a novel approach I might investigate...

:p The thermal cut outs do fail often on Mira showers, so is one of the first things I test.
But just replacing it without testing is a gambling approach as you say.

I would say if you have had 8 years out of it you have had your money’s worth.
I would always recommend fitting a new shower. Most components will be at the end of there life.
The can is almost the price of the shower. Thermal cut outs are cheap. But you can do all that then have the solenoid fail.
I would replace with a new unit and forget about it.
If you are struggling to find a plumber with time on there hands. I work for a well known big plumbing company and we can always accommodate. Just message me and I will pass on the contact details. All work comes with a 12 month warranty.

Regards Wayne

Regards roy.

View attachment 39366

Probably a bit late in the day now but still worth mentioning for other users.
Under normal circumstances with a healthy (Mira Sport) shower, every time you press the start button you will see the low flow neon illuminate very briefly (for a second or two) until the flow valve assy moves and closes the heating can micro switches.
IF the TCO has failed then this neon will not illuminate even briefly and on a healthy shower will not illuminate either until the (healthy) TCO recloses, (this always operates open ~ 10/14 secs after switching off,you will hear this )
It just may be worth observing this on your shower, if it doesn't flick on for a second or two when you press the start button then its a pretty good indication, IMO, that the TCO has failed.

Reply to Mira sport 1998-2005 problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello forum, We have a leak in a 28 year old shower, and decided it should be replaced. However, after getting the cover off, it seems the entry pipe is more or less fixed in place!! Any advice on a replacement? I was looking at Mira Sports, but the entry is on the left - the multifits are ok I...
Replies
Views
I’m replacing my faulty old mains fed electric shower (Mira Sport Max 10.8kW) and am considering going for a pumped, gravity fed electric shower (such as the Mira Elite SE Dual Pumped Electric Shower 9.8kW). The mains pressure sometimes drops enough for the low-flow cut-out to operate or the...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, new to this forum, was looking for advice regarding a mira flight shower tray i've just installed [diy]. After installing it, and then taking a shower, i noticed that the water was collecting at the edges and not dispersing away after a period of time. Now this tray was a replacement...
Replies
Views
Hello all, So been having somewhat of a time with my Aqualisa Quartz 9.5 electric shower. A few.month ago I put up with a few problems it was having and in the end I replaced everything, new engine and new front cover . This was working great for a month or so, but now noticed an intermittent...
Replies
Views
Morning All, hoping you can help me out with some advice. I have a triton AS2000x manual power shower, we had a power cut last night after the power was switched back on around 20 minutes later I heard the shower running . It seems to be stuck in comissioning mode. So Ive turned off the power to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock