Search the forum,

Discuss MIRA 415 going cool intermittantly. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Ian10261

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Got called to sort out a Mira 415 going hot and cold intermittantly. First off checked filters, none in it and water at basin is hot. Changed cartridge in shower valve and its still doing the same thing according to the customer.
System is mains pressure via a Worcester HiFlow, customer seems to think
things improve when she puts the heating on but to me that makes no sense.
Anyone any idea's?

Mira 415 going hot and cold intermittantly.

Not clear from your description whether these symptoms match but... If the temperature control has always been very temperamental, swinging hot or cold and staying like that until the the user makes an adjustment then check that the hot and cold feeds are round the correct way.

Reply to MIRA 415 going cool intermittantly. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone , got a problem with a cartridge change on a mira shower. It seems only the hot side is working. The temp control only lessens the spray. Put the cartridge in the opposite way and only getting cold Im stumped.
Replies
Views
I am having a problem with my main 24he boiler where the flame is constantly clicking on and off with the heating and when using hot water. Some times the flame failure light comes on but it ignites again after a few seconds. The plumber has changed a couple of sensors on the boiler and checked...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated house (4 bathrooms is tragic). Current set up is: A hot/cold mixer in the main ensuite which is ok as long as you don't run anything else. One electric...
Replies
Views
Hello all, first time poster so if there is any additional information I can provide that may help, please let me know. Our kitchen mixer tap has been intermittently dripping from the hot tap, and the cold tap is squeaking when you turn it. Possibly two different issues, possibly related? The...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I did a job today in a block of flats, fairly old place, plumbing was all a bit ropey in this particular flat. The job was to change an electric shower over, I changed it, didn't work.. noticed the water pressure was a bit pants.. I could stop it with my finger on the basin.. thought...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock