Search the forum,

Discuss Milwaukee drill - any good? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh i use that drill,my workmate has it
great for normal fixings but doesn't seem to have the oommpfff the waukee does for larger holes.
Big advantage with the Milwaukee is the changeable chuck, great for holesawing and wood then, even the odd core.
Used mine for 30mm holes with a normal sds bit.

but my corded sds is a makita and that is great

So is an Impact driver better for screwing etc if only for weight etc i thought combi mention 'kin combi

I paid 350 + vat for the 18v combi, impact driver and site radio.

I fully agree its always needed!
if your going for a platform to use then milwaukee is the dogs !

all the tools are generally superior to similar brands.

i haven't really found anything that beat my Milwaukee kit, maybe match it up but not beat it.

personally i would go combi drill, impact, sds, circular saw
Ooh I could get to like you !!! Lol

Ive used the 18v angle drill but i dont have one yet (i have a crappy corded one)

good piece of kit but id get it last if you have a corded one.

if you want a good cordless angle drill that can actually drill decent sized holes this is the best one available:

$T2eC16ZHJHQE9nzEy9tRBQ,0YjdY%29g%7E%7E60_3.JPG

So is an Impact driver better for screwing etc if only for weight etc i thought combi mention 'kin combi

impact drivers are fine for mid to large fixings, light fixings like plasterboard drivers or delicate materials you should avoid them tbh. The better ones have different speeds/power levels to help avoid damage and fixing breakage. I think panasonic was the first company years back to have different power levels on its impact drivers, its took many years for others to catch on but alot of the new brushless tools have them.

I worked in the US for a while and as far as anything for plumbing goes it has to be Milwaukee or Ridgid. Its the only brands I own. You will almost never be dissatisfied with any of their products. Worth every penny.

I have the 18v hammer drill and impact driver Milwaukee good stuff but my friend has the hilti 22v cordless and that is the dogs dangles I am very happy with mine good strong batteries his has 3 speed which will drill brick not as good as sds but its impressive if I picked again it would be the hilti don't let me put you off the Milwaukee it's still ace

Well I went for and I am not disappointed such an improvement. I love it. Aah the simple things ........!

I am also in the market for a new drill driver and maybe an impact driver as a complete kit. I looked at the Milwaukee but having no experience of them I am torn between the one you have and the new Dewalt DCD980M2, which is slightly better due to having a 4Ah battery (longer life). I know the Dewalt is slightly more expensive but just wondering if anyone has tried them both so I can get a good comparison.

Personally the battery life is great on them, go for the fuel range and they have 4 amp hour batts.
I love them due to the power.

also nothing in its class really beats the fuel line.
hilti bats at the same level but is more dursble howeever you really do pay for hilti.

Aye, Milwaukee is really good. About the only kit I hate is Bosch because I've had bad experiences with their stuff. Dewalt batteries are cack even though the kit is good.

Go for the Milwaukee, German engineering and worth the extra cost!

Milwaukee is the same company as Ryobi
Founded in America,
Made in China,
Owned by China
Motors made in India,
Apart from buying the bankrupt name of Aeg, I'm struggling to find the german engineering it's associated with.
That said they are good drills.

Milwaukee, ryobi, vax, dirt devil and aeg are all owned by tti industries but all are separate.

They were owned by the swedes for most of it!
Tti owns them now but let milwaukee get on with it.
some parts are made in china such as the electric side of things ie pcb's
But as far as I'm aware that the rest is im Germany or america and also assembled there.
motors might be now or may have been made in india in the past.

However with things being made in china or india it always depends on how greedy the company is.

if they use quality materials you still get a good product with cheaper labour.

if you have both poor materials and cheap labour well....
it seems Milwaukee are using the good materials :)

i always like this and ask name a power tool which any part of it doesn't come from china or india?

I have a 18v Dewalt xrp cordless drill which was made in Germany, its about 8 yrs old and still great.
I always knew dewalt was part of black & decker but has now has teamed up with stanley. It just seems to me that about 90% of all tools sold can be traced back to around 6 company's. Less if you dig deeper.

Well done for finding "TTI Holdings"

black and decker got dewalt back in 60's,but then run the black and decker name into the ground and had to resurrect dewalt as a brand to make it respectable again around tthe 1990's :) stanly got them a couple of years ago but already endorsed them long before.

Last edited:
I can drill 4" hole with my milwaukee 18v fuel it's perfect!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Milwaukee drill - any good? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock