Search the forum,

Discuss Micro Generation Certification - MCS Website in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dontknowitall

Please, can someone tell me, how do you store water at over 100 degrees centrigrade?

I've been looking at this website which, I think is the starting point in all this renewables stuff. Among other things, I'm trying to work out what is required to get going and how to avoid huge costs of paying a company to create my own quality management system.

I quote from document Microgeneration Installation Standard MSC 002 - Information on Building Regulations and European Directives - Issue 1.5

"Water (over 15 litres) must not be stored in domestic premises above 100 degrees centigrade, ..."

Now, maybe I'm missing something here but I thought when water reaches 100 degrees it turned to steam. Or have things changed since I went to school?

You don't!

If it's vented, its gone because its steam.
If it's unvented, its gone because your temp/press relief valve has dumped it. Unless its stuck and then if my memory serves me you can get it to 158 degrees at 5 bar before the vessel goes pop the water expands 1600 times and half your house is in orbit.

If its MCS then who knows from the previous threads and digging deeper they seem to be a law unto themselves. Which is unfortunate because its probably the way the business is going. You'll have to have a 20 page method statement for changing a tap washer, thats after your 2 hr on site risk assessment and 2 days notice to building control to inspect. Getting too sarcastic in my old age..............

Please, can someone tell me, how do you store water at over 100 degrees centrigrade?

I've been looking at this website which, I think is the starting point in all this renewables stuff. Among other things, I'm trying to work out what is required to get going and how to avoid huge costs of paying a company to create my own quality management system.

I quote from document Microgeneration Installation Standard MSC 002 - Information on Building Regulations and European Directives - Issue 1.5

"Water (over 15 litres) must not be stored in domestic premises above 100 degrees centigrade, ..."

Now, maybe I'm missing something here but I thought when water reaches 100 degrees it turned to steam. Or have things changed since I went to school?

Water boils at 100 degrees at atmospheric pressure i.e.0 bar gauge if you were to pressurise a vessle / cylinder to 1 bar above atmospheric pressure the boiling point of water would increase to 120 degrees or there abouts (think of a pressure cooker) or the cooling ssystem of an engine /
It know as charles law. Pressure and saturation (boiling) temperature are directly proportional to each other

I believe the answer to this is to ask yer lovrslave when yer send him to the builders merchant fer a bucket of steam!!!!! trouble is these loveslaves are getting cleverer nowadays so I usually send fer dutch cap!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Micro Generation Certification - MCS Website in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Interested on thoughts on this (I've also posted on another forum but thought this might be a better place to ask); Long time lurker, have gleamed some great knowledge from this site, finally signed up as I cant find an exact answer to the below. I'm not a heating engineer, but an electrical...
Replies
Views
M
Re-posted from the Hello Forum (I had so much trouble trying to post this last night owing to one word -j1gg3ry! - I gave up and went to bed in the end). Hello I have wandered over here to the plumbing forum the sparkies forum. I have a background in electrical engineering, but this was a long...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock