Search the forum,

Discuss Meter box and pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Had a look at a job today where new gas pipe is to be run through the property . Outside on the wall it has a semi recessed meter box and customer wants gas pipe to go through rear off thd box so no pipe showing outside.
Didnt the rules change on this couple years ago?

you cant drill your own hole but if theres a port / marking / manufacturer allows it your fine

yep

Reply to Meter box and pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
Not exactly a plumbing problem but here goes. I have known for a couple of years there was a water leak somewhere between the water meter, on our property, and the property itself. The water company fitted a new (smart) meter about 4 weeks ago. Now they have contacted us saying we have a leak...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I would really appreciate your eyes on these pictures - What do you see ? Does anything look strange about the Rockwool insulation to you? I suspect that my long ongoing rotting veg/sewage smell is caused by a fault in this connection that has been hidden from previous inspections...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Thanks for taking a look at this. I currently have a massive condensation patch on the inside of my wall behind my gas meter (Pics attached.) The box lock is damaged and the seal around the enclosure has perished so ideally I would like to replace the box, however my understanding is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys question about saniflos đź’© I'm working at a property that the entire place was fed off a sani, that's packed up, blocked the line entirely and they've urgently had to get me to replace and make some changes, initially I was going to install a sanivite for the kitchen sink separately...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock