Search the forum,

Discuss MET UK Closing Down in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

themyth3

Just heard from a guy in work that MET UK are closing down their training centre in Rotherham in the next couple of weeks. Not sure what's happening with their centre in Corby though. Another training centre bites the dust. Any ideas what will happen with people who are already training with them or who have paid money to start training with them?

hmm, another training centre bites the dust, think I will finnish my training at college, no way I'm risking money on any centre as they seem to be closing down fast. now that not as many people are getting made redundant.

Just heard from a guy in work that MET UK are closing down their training centre in Rotherham in the next couple of weeks. Not sure what's happening with their centre in Corby though. Another training centre bites the dust. Any ideas what will happen with people who are already training with them or who have paid money to start training with them?

about time theyve been ripping people off for years

about time theyve been ripping people off for years

Must say that wasnt my experience, I had a good course when I was there. The trainer was knowledgable and accomodating, and everyone was very supportive. I think I got good value for my ÂŁÂŁÂŁs but maybe its not for everyone.

I heard from an associate who knows one of the guys at the centre and looks like this rumour is just chinese whispers - as far as they know its not shutting.

Must say that wasnt my experience, I had a good course when I was there. The trainer was knowledgable and accomodating, and everyone was very supportive. I think I got good value for my ÂŁÂŁÂŁs but maybe its not for everyone.

I heard from an associate who knows one of the guys at the centre and looks like this rumour is just chinese whispers - as far as they know its not shutting.

Well that settles it for me , if you writing on one of the most popular plumbing forums it must be true , one of my best mates , one of my current labourers must both be wrong , I'll send them there notice now

I heard from an associate who knows one of the guys at the center and looks like this rumor is just Chinese whispers - as far as they know its not shutting.

Oh are they great Gasman 37. Well done for making your very first post one about a training center....doesn't look suspect at all.

I hate these scamming swines at the centers. The Plumbing Academy at Edenbridge was going bust when I re-sat my ACS. I looked it up on companies house, and they were dissolving the business. I called and asked them about it, and they lied through their teeth, saying it was a restructure, and I should send my cheque immediately.

I didn't and two weeks later they went bust. They've since been taken over by another firm, who I can't comment about as I have no idea what they're like.

Danny , danny , Danny come on now we all know training centres tell the truth , 50-60 k a year , guaranteed placement etc etc , why on earth would a new member lie one can only imagine I think we all owe an apology, if they would be kind enoug to give us there home address and phone numbers am sure we'd be happy to bob round in person and shake there hands

sooner they all shut the better apprentiships and day release colledge is the perfect setup the student have some real idea about much of what their learning at school

1st post ever, and it's a big up the training centres what a load of rubbish. lets hope its not the last.

Last edited by a moderator:
cheers Power flush! well all ill say is thats great news MET UK might be shutting down!

snicker says he does

but it may be under a different user name:smiley2:

Is that the chocolate sort of 'snicker' or the other sort of 'snicker' which was the subject of another thread, on here, recently?

iv just read this and it has made my day!!! iv just spent 10 mins writting on the forum how bad MET UK is and i find out their shutting down!! great!! cnt rip off other ppl. trust me on anyone reading this take my advice and dont pay any money to this company!! the staff turn over there is huge!! probs cos they relise how rubbish it is. 3 or 4 of the lads in my class quit before the end cos it was poorly run. they are super friendly but once your cheque has cleared they cudnt give amonkies about you. iv been tempted to go down and spray paint the place to warn other ppl of their business. but i dont need to now :) happy days!!

be a bit careful, mark21, if this was Google you would be very safe saying such things because Google has been declared a platform, not a publisher. Forums have not yet been declared as 'platforms' so you/they could be open to legal action if you make allegations in forum entries against companies/organisations.

Not too soon...They had my pants down. I was promised the earth. When I completed my course and went out into the big wide world, not one plumbing company would go near me. Yes I had all the relevant paper work...but no experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to MET UK Closing Down in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock