Search the forum,

Discuss Messed up repair, now I have a puddle! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Radiator in bedroom never worked. Been trying to fix it.

Took it off wall last week, rinsed it out. Pipe going in hot, suggestion it might be TRV.

Today. Drained system, took TRV off, put new TRV on. Refilled system. Bled radiators. Still cold. But also leaking!!

From picture. Black circle part is hot, part under red circle not hot. I thought the leak was coming from Green circle area, but on draining the system again, I could hear air from orange nut on blue area.

Should i replace red and orange nuts? If so, how do i get them off the radiator parts.

Any ideas? If the green area is leaking, can I fix it? Got British gas homecare, but thats a week for an appointment. I have no hot water or heating anywhere else until i fix this.

20190112_120155.jpg

Take rad off, cap both pipe ends with "stop ends", refill system and call homecare. Hopefully it isn't leaking and that plastic coupling isn't damaged.

Ok Im being a bit cynical, if you insist on having a go try using a bit of threading paste like boss white around every olive.

Having refitted the valve for the second time, applying FAR more PTFE tape, it is leaking at the blue circle, more of a drip now, but it is running down the pipe.

homecare wont cover me because I did it. They are seeing if they have anyone available now but they are SO slow on the online chat. I'l see how much it costs before I commit.

I expect that it is not all your fault...but its your problem.
looks to me like the 15mm olive has been short fitted , ie not enough lead to get a watertight
joint now you have cracked it.
if you are confident cut off the compression olives , replace with new ones, BANG the fittings right into place , use a toffee hammer , then it will all
be ok,then apply ptfe wrapped properly , or paste if its all dry
or silicon and off you go, or if not confident back off and pay up ....let us know how you get on...Centralheatking

Reply to Messed up repair, now I have a puddle! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hi, I've got a brand new (2nd hand) Bosch Hydropower 16H tankless hot water heater. Since it was installed I have noticed it leaks a lot. I took the cover off and it looks like the bottom part (water section?) is leaking in a couple of places. maybe a seal or diaphragm? Can it be repaired or...
Replies
Views
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the problem as being that the hot water element in the immersion tank needed replacing. (I don't know exactly what it is called as the company has still...
Replies
Views
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the problem as being that the hot water element in the immersion tank needed replacing. (I don't know exactly what it is called as the company has still...
Replies
Views
Johnno1966
J
Would like some help please as my Drayton Wiser system is a mess. I had 2 TRVs in the lounge, one in the main bedroom, the rest of the house - 6 other radiators and 2 bathroom towel radiators are just normal valve s. We live in a 4-bed, 3 storey house, as converted loft. Common problems were...
Replies
Views
Hi I have recently bought a house which is 17 years old. There was a small leak from one of the radiators So I took the pipe off and drained the radiator and the water was black/brown. I took the radiator off and flushed it out with a hose pipe out the garden but it's got me thinking and I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock