Search the forum,

Discuss MDPE Underground pipe in concrete? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wild nomad

Hi there,

Does anyone know if MDPE under ground pipe has to be protected in some way when being buried in concrete?

Thanks in advance :)

Hi there,

Does anyone know if MDPE under ground pipe has to be protected in some way when being buried in concrete?

Thanks in advance :)

if it was me and the concrete was permanent eg under a house/building i would make a duct out of 4" soil pipe so you could always replace the mdpe at a later date if you had to

Yeh always protect the pipe through concrete by using ribbed ducting same as new builds , or drainage , how much length will be in concrete, ?

Forgot to ask , is this for water ?

Forgot to ask , is this for water ?

Hi Kris,

Yes, it's for mains water. The pipe would be roughly 15 meters under a patio going to an outside tap. Thanks for the quick reply!

How deep is it? I mean 700 to 900mm is a lot of concrete? Usually through founds it's a sleeve . But sounds to me like your going to need more protection from frost than concrete. Concrete may destroy it in 5 years
Frost could do it by end of the year!

How deep is it? I mean 700 to 900mm is a lot of concrete? Usually through founds it's a sleeve . But sounds to me like your going to need more protection from frost than concrete. Concrete may destroy it in 5 years
Frost could do it by end of the year!

Yes, I have made the customer aware of potential cold weather damage as it's only about 12 inches underground, but he says he is willing to take the risk. Customers - what can you do!

Yes, I have made the customer aware of potential cold weather damage as it's only about 12 inches underground, but he says he is willing to take the risk. Customers - what can you do!

bit overkill if you ask me but have you had a price on Uponor Thermo?

Sleeve it in 6" duct use 19mm armourflex or external wet rated lagging and pull it in. Pull in a spare draw rope too

dig a deeper trench and do it right so it wont freeze, as you will get the blame down the line, when they throw the regs back at you

As said id do the job properly the first time, it might be a bit of work digging between 750mm -1300mm deep but the headache when it comes back to you a few years down the line wont be fun, and the customer will blame you as your the professional

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to MDPE Underground pipe in concrete? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock