Search the forum,

Discuss MDPE in concrete in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jim4093

Hi,

I've extended my mains water mdpe pipe through into my new extension and brought it up through the slab under the new kitchen window. However, I've had to change my kitchen window into a set of French doors and so the pipe is now in the way. I want to break into the slab back down to the dpm that is on top of my rigid insulation and redirect the pipe to where the sink will now be located (approx 500mm away). Is it possible that if i do this can I just pour concrete over the pipe and connectors? Or does it all need protecting? It's a 4" slab so I haven't got room to lay the pipework in any ducting or use pipe lagging etc. I just want to make sure that the concrete won't damage the pipe or connectors. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

Jim

dont use a connector under concrete, just a complete length of pipe, best its laid in conduit to a protect it and b allow for changing it in the future if things go wrong

2nd the above.
You would just be storing up probs for later if you buried the connector in concrete.

as above do not and i mean Do Not put connection where you can not have access to them, or if you do be prepared to rip every ting out when it leaks

in an ideal worldthere shouldnt be connectors in the concrete but do you mean concrete or screed ive buried lots of fittings in screed without problems and as tamz said some times you need to pish with what you have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to MDPE in concrete in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello. I am planning to build a small half bath in my garage, next to a washing machine, using old showers plumbing. There was a stand-alone shower in the garage which has been removed. Unfortunately the pipes are only 1.5" on that side of the house since there's no bathroom and the house is...
Replies
Views
Hi, In the process of a new build and we have routed a MDPE pipe through a lintel in the DPC but unable to bend it to the correct location due to the bend radius. I have now made the bend radius suitable for the bend but the pipe has no support underneath. Will it be better to put in a 90 degree...
Replies
Views
I had a plumber in to replace my old pan connector as it was leaking due to the wax deteriorating. Now when this toilet clogs up (which is a separate issue), it leaks from somewhere at the back. I can't tell where it's from but can tell for sure it's not from the water inlet or the toilet side...
Replies
Views
Hi all, grateful for your expertise on the following. DIYer, not pro. Rural property in France Single storey. Septic tank. Late 80s construction with concrete slab subfloor. All of the waste pipes run in the concrete, and exit the property at the chamber as pictured, just outside the building...
Replies
Views
Hi all, we're doing some renovation work to our property and we wanted to install a sauna house (includes shower) in the garden, irrigation system and outside tap. I've ran a 25mm MDPE from the inside utility room where the main stopcock comes into the house. I originally thought that it was a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock