Search the forum,

Discuss MCZ Pellet central heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Can you see the micro switches working in them ?

I didn't end up spraying them - took the covers off and watched them as they switched on/off - both two way valves are working fine by the look of them.

The only thing I cant work out is why the pumps aren't pushing water around. As I said earlier they did light up - but haven't done since. I've been around the place, set the thermostats up/made sure that every switch I can find is set to on - made sure that the return valve on the heating loop is open etc etc.

Completely stumped.
Ok , we all need to fault find on his one, r u sure the pumps are actually pumping , often when they are bust,seized the impellor head will rotate but no liquid wil be moved , sorry about underlines I do not know how to switch them off

Chk

I would and have done and am living proof , but yes for amatures is probably not a best thing to do..my approach is often radical
But can work
Don’t care if your a pro or not. Still shouldn’t spray stuff that you actually cannot see.

I didn't end up spraying them - took the covers off and watched them as they switched on/off - both two way valves are working fine by the look of them.

The only thing I cant work out is why the pumps aren't pushing water around. As I said earlier they did light up - but haven't done since. I've been around the place, set the thermostats up/made sure that every switch I can find is set to on - made sure that the return valve on the heating loop is open etc etc.

Completely stumped.
Is there voltage to the pump? When the valves have motored?

I cant tell if they're pumping or not. When I press the grey button on the Grundfos pump they dont light up or anything.

Is there any way of telling without a multimeter?

They're a fairly elusive bunch around here - soonest I've been given is two weeks.

Probably need to tell them that I want a whole new heating system (which at this point I actually do) and see if that sparks any interest.

My take on the problem......

Those grundfos pumps are absolutely Rubbish, they were a quick and late design to get on the modulating pump market. Whip it out !!!!

The leds will be lit, but the actual performance will be far under.

Yes, a new grundfos pump. Those alpha 2’s are a poor pump and haven’t got a great life span

Reply to MCZ Pellet central heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock