Search the forum,

Discuss Mature Plumber looking for work in South London/Surrey in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

r69bp

Hi guys

OK I guess I am one of millions on here looking for an opening into the world of heating & plumbing
I came into plumbing finally in 2011 after doing a City & Guilds Level 2 plumbing course at Central Sussex College.
I was lucky enough to get some good work experience with a qualified engineer who would use me for a maximum 2-3 days a week but it was not very regular,however I did gain an enormous amount of knowledge as he is from the old school which was brilliant not insulting younger guys!!

I Helped him with boiler installs,full heating systems ,Hot water Cylinders,Mega-flow,power flushing,reactive maintenence and underfloor heating as good experience,I did also do some very small commercial plumbing that he did at a school.
I am fully competent with soldering copper,LCS and HDPE what ever application you wish to use.

But sadly since I did my ACS course at the Carshalton college at the end of last year he has not needed me and I have been looking around asking anyone and everyone if they would give someone like me a chance to see what I am capable of and take it from there but no bites yet.

I was hoping for a positive response from your good selves on here and not scrupulous agencies who lead you mainly up the garden path and I have even been told I am too old.
But I know someone will take that leap of faith and hopefully see what can be achieved given the right chance
I do drive and have my own car I have some tools as well I am in South London and am happy to travel within the realms of a job.

Thank you all for taking the time to read yet another desperate persons story to gain some grounding hope to hear from someone.

Thanks again

PS not sure to leave my mobile or wait for someone to PM.

Good luck mate, was Nigel Pankhurst still their when you did your course?

Don't post your phone number, wait for a pm. :tounge_smile:

Nigel Pankehurst not sure bud Dave fawcett and pete I forgot the surname was their,thanks for wishing me luck looks like i'm gonna need it LOL

Peter? Tall skinny guy?

Nigel Pankhurst is the man with the big hands and crushing handshake!

Did you pass you ACS? GS registered?

Thank you for posting this opportunity for our members.

If this interests you, please pm the op direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mature Plumber looking for work in South London/Surrey in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock