Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Martinplumber in the Renewable Energy area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Hi Sparkgap,

Many thanks for your help and information which has been very helpful in helping me decide to go with the pumped hot water loop method as was designed. Your figures even off the back of the fag packet are very helpful, combined with the limited pressure loss information of yesterday within the pumping loop has finally sold me on sticking to the method as was designed for the remainder of the system.

Worcester, I do find some of your comments very rude and lacking in respect for your fellow plumbers especially when you know so little of the facts. I didn't know you were going to inspect every avenue of my gshp system, as I was only enquiring whether there was a need to have a circulating pump for the hot water over this distance. You might like to know I am in fact already using the same system as sought with a three port diverter valve and buffer tank installed but to a smaller scale yet still without pumping the hot water whilst heating just 3 manifolds of ufh, the hot water plus three large heat exchangers to a swimming pool in the summer months. The 1000metres of pipe mentioned are coiled slinkies so it's total length of pipe run are nearer to 4000 metres and of a larger bore pipe than from some suppliers, laid flat within 2 acres of south facing land. Plus this gshp system which has cost me over £150,000 is not being installed by a half wit and as I have said has been calculated by professionals who I am happy to take the their figures for the length of slinkies as being adequate for this property. And yes I am MCS approved but nevertheless always willing to learn and never thought I knew it all like some people it seems. Admittedly what I have sought is probably more to do with an electrician than a plumber but nevertheless joined this forum to find out if there was anyone having experience of installing a system over such a distance and in such a way as using two phases of electricity to the best advantage, which obviously you haven't. Your comments are very condescending, disrespectful and do spoil the good work some people who simply write to help others within this forum.

Thank you once again for your help Sparkplug which is very much appreciated.

Kind regards

Martin

2. Worcester

Worcester Plumber

It was simply that you consistently didn't answer my questions..
    Indeed whilst trying to help you not make a very expensive mistake, you completely disregarded them and wouldn't give any facts.

-ends-outahere-

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  3. SimonG

SimonG Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Ignore Worcesters advise at your peril. Very knowledgeable individual imho.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Hi Worcester,

Sorry was having a bad day and a bit touchy. in fact I have since checked and its 6600 metres of underground slinkies we have, so should be enough for the domestic side.

Have a good day and apologies again.

regards

Martin

5. Worcester

Worcester Plumber

Martin,
    Depending upon which heat pump(s) you are using, how they are configured, how the three DHW tanks call for hot water and how the heat pumps are configured to deliver that is critical.
    A 150 litre buffer isn't going to be able to supply heat to a house with 7 ufh manifolds for very long at all lwe are talking of only minutes of heat storage there, and there is a danger that the heat pumps are never able to provide heat to the house.
    If you are confident that your installer has got all that covered then fine. - It was my concern for you in that area that has been prompting my questions to you.
    There is a big difference between 1000 and 6600 meters :)

6. markfxy

markfxy Plumber

why don't you fit a stat and a timer to the secondary return no point keeping it on 24/7

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.