Search the forum,

Discuss Marcrist ddm2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nellyc79

Hi guys & Gals,
has anyone on here used the marcrist ddm2 core drill? and if so how are you finding it. I am looking into purchasing one and trying to get some feedback first.

cheers
Nelly;)

I have the ddm2. It is built like a tank, quite heavy but very powerful.

i paid 260 for mine it is built like a tank took some getting used to after my hitachi 950 nearly went round with it the first time i used it ha ha have to say it went faulty after a few weeks rcd switch sent it back and repaired no problem

Last edited:
cheers tom lol at going round with it, mate went round drilling and knocked himself out lolol, i thought he was dead for a minute :)

I have both the DDM2 and the DDM3. Same machine but the DDM3 is higher powered and faster. The 2 cost ÂŁ300 odds with a couple of 850 core bits and the 3 about ÂŁ430 for the gun itself.
If you do a lot of drilling it is the best buy you will ever make.
My DDM2 was (ab)used daily drilling walls up to 4ft thick and pushed so hard i've had to wear gloves to hold it it was so hot and even pushed it with my feet. It refused to die no matter what i did to it and lasted 4 years before i the clutch gave in.
I got it repaired by a local diamond drilling company who service their own gear for ÂŁ60 but as i use it daily and couldn't be without it, i bought the DDM3. It is different geared and has 3 speeds up to 3500rmp so of course i use it on speed 3 for everything regardless of what core size and what the makers recommend.

cheers tom was looking at ddm3 cos it is faster lol but does it justify the extra cost ?? decided...its ddm3 ;)

i looked at that and spoke to marcrist they reccomended the ddm 2 cos i was thinking of the3

To be honest Steve unless you are doing some serious drilling and can use the faster speed it is not worth paying the extra ÂŁ200. The DDM2 will do everything you need no problem.

I have both the DDM2 and the DDM3. Same machine but the DDM3 is higher powered and faster. The 2 cost ÂŁ300 odds with a couple of 850 core bits and the 3 about ÂŁ430 for the gun itself.
If you do a lot of drilling it is the best buy you will ever make.
My DDM2 was (ab)used daily drilling walls up to 4ft thick and pushed so hard i've had to wear gloves to hold it it was so hot and even pushed it with my feet. It refused to die no matter what i did to it and lasted 4 years before i the clutch gave in.
I got it repaired by a local diamond drilling company who service their own gear for ÂŁ60 but as i use it daily and couldn't be without it, i bought the DDM3. It is different geared and has 3 speeds up to 3500rmp so of course i use it on speed 3 for everything regardless of what core size and what the makers recommend.

LMFAO Tamz pushing with the feet is a beauty!

pushed my makita so hard yesterday my guts have hurt all day,its C R A P,struggling now jamming constantly and getting very hot will have to look at the marchist

Cheers!! Send me the link you bought from too please, as it may save me some time shopping about. I fitted a new boiler last week, and cored the flue with a ÂŁ90 Bosch SDS. It wasn't much fun.

In the past I've had a Makita core drill, which was good to be honest (got nicked), and I tried that 'Sparky' one that Screwfix sell. It was worse than the SDS. Total rubbish.

My Makita ain't gonna be long before she blows, can you post a review Steve when you get it please pal?

will do vern, but check tamz posts above, says it all really lol

Yeah Tamz review has 90% convinced me to junk my Makita, the core bits themselves are just as important also, I'm using some nortons which are average IMHO

Hi are they only good for core drilling or can you use as a drill as well

dont know rob, dont see why not tho, might be good for boring large holes in joists :)

got my ddm2 from northern hardware in blackburn cost 250 if my memory serves me

Having never seeing one do you still drill a pilot hole for the core to follow I only ask cos it looks like it doesn't have a chuck on it just threaded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Marcrist ddm2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock