Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Makita .

Discussion in 'Plumbing Tools' started by quality, Feb 18, 2018.

Discuss Makita . in the Plumbing Tools area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. quality

quality Plumber GSR

Has anyone got a 18v LXT Makita multi tool and is it any good?

2. Daniel Hall

Daniel Hall Member

Brushless?

3. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

4. Tim S

Tim S New Member

Got the brushless one and it works a treat...my only gripe is that it comes with a small hex key to change blades which fits into the base near the battery compartment and it falls out and is easily lost. Usually get a good deal on compatible blades from Saxton

5. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I'm happy with mine
    As above the Allen key falls out
    It's loud but they all are.

6. ne1ls0n

ne1ls0n Plumber GSR

got the keyless one. its great but the lock snapped shortly after i got it, sent to makita and sent back in a day so cant complain

7. sammathias

sammathias Plumber GSR

I have one. Best tool in the box. However it did break under warrenty and the motor and board got replaced. It is loud but most are. Only flaw is that the allan key release could be easily rounded off.

8. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I have a dewalt with the quick release system. I like it.

9. Daniel Hall

Daniel Hall Member

I have the brushless makita one. Its a god send

10. Jim Goodenough

Jim Goodenough Plumber Top Contributor!!

I have Makita 18v LXT quick release type - excellent tool, brilliant for use 2nd fixing.

Just a word of advice that I learnt recently, when you're cutting DON'T just force the blade against whatever you're cutting - you must move the blade from side-to-side. Your blades last longer, less burning and less frustration! :)

11. Darren Jackson

Darren Jackson Plumber GSR

I have the the quick release Makita it is the best thing since sliced bread. I love it had it about a year now and it has done some work in that time. It comes out every working day. The quick release is excellent no fafing with allen keys any more. Recommend it to any tradesman.

• Like Like x 1
  12. quality

quality Plumber GSR

thanks chaps

13. Michael1960

Michael1960 Plumber

Being a cheapskate I brought an Euraber quick release one(240v), I have sent it to hell and back and it still comes back for more, every other bit of my kit is Makita though. I dont think I could have treated this thing harder.

• Like Like x 1