Search the forum,

Discuss makita sds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I been using a similar 36v bosch cordless SDS and its great for getting clips on the wall etc but even on a full charge it wont go through a standard wall for a condense drain or similar, it either runs out of charge or overheats.

EDIT: oh hang on, just seen that its a 240v (link dont work, I read the text and saw the 24) - it will be fine, I use a similar hitachi up to 157 or whatever it is core drill

Last edited:
I been using a similar 36v bosch cordless SDS and its great for getting clips on the wall etc but even on a full charge it wont go through a standard wall for a condense drain or similar, it either runs out of charge or overheats.

EDIT: oh hang on, just seen that its a 240v (link dont work, I read the text and saw the 24) - it will be fine, I use a similar hitachi up to 157 or whatever it is core drill

Which one do you have as there's two versions one is s compact version and the other is the full size version

If you have the full size version (36v) your talking out your bum as I have one and it will do 28mm easy no pilot

even used it to core a 4 inch hole through brick

Which one do you have as there's two versions one is s compact version and the other is the full size version

If you have the full size version (36v) your talking out your bum as I have one and it will do 28mm easy no pilot

even used it to core a 4 inch hole through brick

well it wouldn't be unusual for me to talk out of my bum I suppose :D

all I do know is going through a brick/breeze wall wasn't possible, it ran out and I had to get the corded drill from the van.
no idea which model it is, it cost ÂŁ350

If this one then somethings wrong

image.png

hmm, i reckon its this one

..... cant post a URL so... from screwfix description: - Bosch GBH36V-LiCP 2.9kg 1.3Ah Li-Ion Cordless SDS Plus Drill 36V

That's the compact version jay think max it can drill is 16mm and 1.3 arnt going to last long

OOOh a Hilti style removable chuck, must.....resist....I....I....can live without it...got...too...many...

No you can't and Defo no you can always have more

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to makita sds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I recently did some pipe insulating in my loft. The only two I didn't do were the vent pipes. Not sure if that is the right term for them? They are the pipes that feed water back into the top of the tanks when there is excess, presumably from steam, expansion, etc. The one going to the cold...
Replies
Views
I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution I could see. I'm in Brisbane, Australia but I'm after general ideas from anyone here or in UK (I realise this is a UK based site). Point form...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The existing pump flows downwards. The manual for the proposed replacement recommends that it should pump upwards. This would involve rearranging the flow &...
Replies
Views
I had my tools all knicked out the van last week so been replacing everything, got all my tools but can't decide on a SDS. I use all Milwaukee tools and previously always done corded SDS drills. Have heard cordless has come along way so was looking at the M18CHX Fuel. It did come out all the...
Replies
Views
Hi looking for some advice here if anyone would be so kind. Our existing system consists of an Ideal Logic Heat H15 heat only boiler paired to a 180L Kingspan Tribune XE Unvented Indirect Hot Water Cylinder (this is the Dual Stat version). Zone 1 (Downstairs) consists of 7 Radiators + Plumbed...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock