Search the forum,

Discuss makita radio in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

dom brennan

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi all I've been looking at the makita radio, I've got the 10.8 one and its okay not great. so the question is the dab radio worth £50 more than the normal one i want one with good quality only listen to radio 1 and juice fm and also do it charge the battery

I don't have a radio but I would get the dab one, its the future! Plus can't stand radio 1!!!

Forgot to say I have been looking at the big Bosch one just for sound, only thing is I like how compact the makita is, but I don't have any Bosch battery tools to get the good of the charging function, as above the makita ones don't charge batteries and don't think much between dab and non dab,

I have a red one. It charges phone and u can listen to Internet radio and I tunes via phone. I wasn't about to pay £250 for a radio.

I expect it to last 3 years. When "they" cut analogue dan raisins will be cheep cheep

0462a20e8574dc0bc0604f7f52eea214.jpg

Just bit the bullet and got the dab one

Please let us know how you get on with the " Bubbling straw , Milkshake effect "

when you leave a few kitchen unit doors open ! . ( My old DAB hated em )

I've got the dab one same as that great bit of kit wouldn't be without it planet rock all day

IMHO..now wrong with original radio if you retune to proper station's....lol regards Turnpin:8:

Sadly the version of Dab we have in the uk is poor and in no way superior to FM.. FM is better audio quality and most broadcast in true stereo something most dab stations with there horrifically antiquated and low quality mpeg compression do not.. Maybe if we had addopted dab + like much of Europe did it might be better. But sadly the technology they rolled out here was out if date long before a fraction of the population had a dab radio. The tech will die before it gains mass use. I very much doubt that they will turn off fm with only dab to take the reigns. It desperately needs to be superceeded but like most infer structure in this country it won't get the long term vision and investment it needs.
The Makita radios are good but really need a charge function like most of their competition have. Dab offers greater channel choice but chews through the bats faster and interference is a problem.
If I was going to buy one I would go for the dab one which also has fm not the dab only one or the bluetooth one.

Last edited:
I got the dab makita, and for £100+ radio it comes with crazy bass that you cant turn down thinking of selling it..

I got the dab makita, and for £100+ radio it comes with crazy bass that you cant turn down thinking of selling it..

maybe turn off the rock music :D but its a common fault with one model

whats peoples thoughts on the makita 106 any one got one?

Get the DAB. If you don't get signal then on FM flick over to DAB and vice versa. Also you get absolute 80's planet rock and loads of others. This afternoon I was listening to the cricket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to makita radio in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock