Search the forum,

Discuss Makita Battery Died in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stanios

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just had one of my makita 18v batteries die on me. Had it plugged into makita torch and it discharged untill light went out so maybe that has something to do with it. Put it on charge and it started flashing red and green.

Any way to repair them or is it a goner?

what battery cell is it?

my dewalt did that a few times, putting in and out charger a few times works!

Just standard makita 3ah 18v. Tried plugging and unplugging not worked. Down to 2 batteries now :(

Unfortunatly the torch is a battery killer but on a plus side the batteries are easily fixed have a look on youtube.

L ion batteries do not like to be fully drained. Leaving on, in the torch will knacker it. Same with radios. Always recharge before it's completely flat.

The new ones have a chip inside,so you can't overload them, or run flat.

Thought so. Might as well chuck away the torch cant risk any more batteries turning into paperweights

L ion batteries do not like to be fully drained. Leaving on, in the torch will knacker it. Same with radios. Always recharge before it's completely flat.

The new ones have a chip inside,so you can't overload them, or run flat.
thats what the fridge does apparently? freezes the chip so it bypasses it to charge

Lick the battery terminals. It should do the trick, my ones sometimes beep and flash red and green.

Il try tonight sounds like a windup though missus gona think makita is the new ice-cream

this muppet did the same thing leaving it in a torch!!
you could try this, i have had a lot of success with wet cells using the same principal with a 240v mig welder by flashing terminals, but dont do it on a lithium!!

i would try this first as basically your trying to reset its 'memory' which could be a chip that tells the battery it has a fault.
https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search...1-tyc-sc&p=rejuvenate dead lion battery&type=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Makita Battery Died in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock